We are looking for a hard-working, experienced digital marketer, to help us bring our books to the world. Working with our wider marketing team to find interesting and innovative ways to connect with our readers and let them know about our exciting new titles and authors.
About the Role
- Manage our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), website and eDMs.
- Plan and implement digital marketing plans, including management of paid social campaigns.
- Create and curate engaging content for our online channels, where necessary working with our international colleagues.
- Work with the wider marketing team to design and implement the most effective digital marketing campaigns.
- Work with our internal systems to ensure correct content on the website and advise the wider business on maximising SEO and driving website traffic.
- Manage all technical aspects of the website.
- Film authors and edit video/audio material into appropriate formats.
- Create videos for online promotional use as required.
- Use google analytics and collate reports to assess the results of digital campaigns.
- You will have 2+ years' proven experience in a relevant digital marketing role.
- Previous experience in digital content creation and management of social media.
- Previous email marketing experience, ideally using Mailchimp.
- A sound understanding of social media advertising, ad words, and google display ads, maximizing ROI.
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing methodologies
- Experience with CMS systems (experience with Drupal is preferred but not essential).
- A thorough understanding of Google Analytics.
- Creativity, flair and a can-do attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic – intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Relevant marketing or communications qualification.
- You will have passion for working on digital marketing campaigns and understanding the commercial impacts on the business.
- You will be interested in books and keen to discover more about our huge range of titles from blockbuster fiction and award winning non-fiction, to some of the world's best loved kids books.
- Be very organized and have a proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Legally able to work in NZ
Anyone know who had the work before?
Anyone know who had the work before?
That is genius. Your new name is way better. Heaps more intriguing. Great stuff Scapegrace and Motion Sickness.
Love the new name and the video. Such a cool way to take a frustrating situation and make it into something good. Nice work guys
So good! Well done motion sickness!
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Spark by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Many brands worldwide put out ads and campaigns in light of International Women's Day last week, some with questionable reasoning (looking at you McDonald's). It's great to see inspiration paired with action with this particular campaign, with women able to make a call to a respective leader to ask career questions or get advice about a particular field. With 17 leaders available, including author Joy Cowley and scientist Michelle Dickenson, we hope many Kiwi woman took up the opportunity to chat.
Who's it for: Bags Not by Bcg2 and Go Well Consulting
Why we like it: A campaign that wants to save the world is a good one in our books. The 'Bags Not' campaign encourages Kiwis to say no to plastic bags and supports them to change their single-use habits. Short and sweet and not too preachy, the ad uses celebrities such as artist Dick Frizell and writer and TV presenter, Jaquie Brown to help Kiwi consumers make a behaviour change. However, the proof will be in the pudding to see if Kiwis can cut down on the 1.6 billion single-use plastic bags used each year.
Who’s it for: BNZ by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: This is the second phase of BNZ’s ‘Bank of You’ and it continues the focus on community and empathy. Featuring different communities in different situations the ad shows banking is more than just suits and spreadsheets. From flower shops to friends, New Zealanders are diverse and so are their interests.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!