Are you looking to take that next step in your digital design career? Our story is about people’s connection with nature and with each other. Icebreakers are story-tellers. We want to share our adventures in nature and get others outside and in amongst it. Come and work with some of the best design brains in NZ. This is not for the faint hearted though – relentless passion along with hard-work and resilience genes compulsory.
As our Digital Designer, you will be responsible for designing and producing inspiring and premium design and artwork across all digital consumer touchpoints: email marketing, social posting, icebreaker.com and consumer campaigns. This is a brand new role that reports to our Global Digital and eCom Design Lead, we need someone special to get into and smash it.
What your CV, says about you:
• Relevant degree in design.
• Equivalent of 1-3 years’ experience as a Digital Artworker or Designer in a design agency or advertising studio. A successful track record is a must. We will need to see a portfolio.
• Experience in Adobe CS and any related software
• Expert file preparation skills
• Excellent proofing skills, strong attention to detail and proven self-checking processes
• Retouching skills
• Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
So what will you be doing every day:
• Design impactful and effective digital marketing assets through creative that is on brief and on brand, under the guidance of the Global Digital and eCom Design Lead
• Keep Icebreaker looking consistent and premium online through supporting the development of digital brand guidelines
• Produce accurate artwork files
• Support website design updates as required
• Support social media asset development
• Problem solving, managing multiple projects and producing digital marketing assets under tight timeframes
Projects that will keep you busy doing:
• EDM design and artwork for both Northern and Southern Hemisphere
• Design and artwork for icebreaker.com as required.
• Digital brand guidelines support
• Design of seasonal, multi-channel campaigns and brand assets as required
• Design of digital sales tools / presentations, social media collateral and others as
We are not a big corporate. We care about our relationships with nature and each other.
We are a fast moving, nimble business with limited resources – the people on our team are here because they want to make a difference and work hard and creatively to make that happen. We are not perfect, we have heaps of work to do. We like people who can think big and strategic and also get their hands dirty.
We’re a world leader in merino clothing and supply our outdoor, performance sport and active lifestyle ranges to more than 4,500 stores across 44 countries. We are headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand with regional offices in Vancouver, BC in Canada, Portland, OR in the United States and Munich in Germany. We also have smaller satellite offices in Zurich in Switzerland, Annecy in France and Melbourne in Australia.
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.
The recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. For any queries, contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have absolutely no desire to eat tissue paper packaging, whether it's edible or not. This is just silly.
We need more joke skywriting in New Zealand. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/how-do-i-land-skywriting_n_3276795.html
love this, amazing story!
Great article with Paul C's inimitable humour
Good luck FCB. Anyone care to share what it's like working with Samsung as a client? Think "cluster"
From what I heard, both companies were missing the mark so probably a smart move. Interesting that UX, CX and ‘organisational design’ (whatever that is) are cited as a core pillar of the combined entity when neither were considered strong ...
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Sky by DDB
Why we like it: What first appears to be the start of a drama turns out to be a campaign promoting Sky's drama line-up. The calibre of the acting (Hacksaw Ridge’s Tyler Coppin and Top of the Lakes’ Alison Bruce), the director (Academy Award nominee Derin Seale) and minimal use of lighting lends itself to a sophisticated and suspenseful ad you wish was a series on its own. It's also a great use of breaking through the fourth estate with the cheating husband describing what’s happening to get people thinking about the husband and wife's relationship as well as the genre in general.
Who’s it for: Lightbox by Spark PR & Activate
Why we like it: We like things with a New Zealand twist and this one playing on American drama Suits brings big laughs with its deft touch of Kiwi awkwardness. The 80s mise-en-scene, mundane jobs and forced office comradery - far from the polished and exciting drama of the proper Suits - is a fun and funny way to introduce the newest season.
Who’s it for: Survivor New Zealand by TVNZ
Why we like it: Brandishing blood and mud, Survivor New Zealand is back for round two in northern Thailand. While the scenery looks idyllic, it's set to be an intense and exciting time if the promotional video is anything to go by, with mud wrestling, tears, dubious tactics from participants, success and disappointments galore on show. While Survivor has been reproduced many times around the world, local faces and scraps should bring the viewers onboard for another reality competition.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!