Are you looking to take that next step in your digital design career? Our story is about people’s connection with nature and with each other. Icebreakers are story-tellers. We want to share our adventures in nature and get others outside and in amongst it. Come and work with some of the best design brains in NZ. This is not for the faint hearted though – relentless passion along with hard-work and resilience genes compulsory.
As our Digital Designer, you will be responsible for designing and producing inspiring and premium design and artwork across all digital consumer touchpoints: email marketing, social posting, icebreaker.com and consumer campaigns. This is a brand new role that reports to our Global Digital and eCom Design Lead, we need someone special to get into and smash it.
What your CV, says about you:
• Relevant degree in design.
• Equivalent of 1-3 years’ experience as a Digital Artworker or Designer in a design agency or advertising studio. A successful track record is a must. We will need to see a portfolio.
• Experience in Adobe CS and any related software
• Expert file preparation skills
• Excellent proofing skills, strong attention to detail and proven self-checking processes
• Retouching skills
• Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
So what will you be doing every day:
• Design impactful and effective digital marketing assets through creative that is on brief and on brand, under the guidance of the Global Digital and eCom Design Lead
• Keep Icebreaker looking consistent and premium online through supporting the development of digital brand guidelines
• Produce accurate artwork files
• Support website design updates as required
• Support social media asset development
• Problem solving, managing multiple projects and producing digital marketing assets under tight timeframes
Projects that will keep you busy doing:
• EDM design and artwork for both Northern and Southern Hemisphere
• Design and artwork for icebreaker.com as required.
• Digital brand guidelines support
• Design of seasonal, multi-channel campaigns and brand assets as required
• Design of digital sales tools / presentations, social media collateral and others as
We are not a big corporate. We care about our relationships with nature and each other.
We are a fast moving, nimble business with limited resources – the people on our team are here because they want to make a difference and work hard and creatively to make that happen. We are not perfect, we have heaps of work to do. We like people who can think big and strategic and also get their hands dirty.
We’re a world leader in merino clothing and supply our outdoor, performance sport and active lifestyle ranges to more than 4,500 stores across 44 countries. We are headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand with regional offices in Vancouver, BC in Canada, Portland, OR in the United States and Munich in Germany. We also have smaller satellite offices in Zurich in Switzerland, Annecy in France and Melbourne in Australia.
If this opportunity feels like the type of job you’re passionate about, and it fits with your skills and experience, please click apply below to send us your CV with a covering letter explaining why you'd be right for Icebreaker.
The recruitment of this position is being managed by Philippa Irvine, Talent Scout. For any queries, contact Philly directly on +64 21 564 691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
So when is this Skill going to launch? I've had Alexa for three weeks now and still no sign of Sky TV.
It's the best one yet. Brilliant story-telling, emotional, nicely made.
Good work. Nice acting, well shot & some.... suspense, not seen that in a NZ TVC for a while. A great watch...
This campaign makes me want to drink less beer...
Well done Steve and team.
I don't work in the beer industry however I do work in FMCG and the global trend towards health and wellbeing is what would of driven this brief. Perhaps the Government had indicated mandatory nutritional labelling and this was a ...
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Super Rugby by Sugar & Partners
Why we like it: Super Rugby is typically a fast-paced game, but to promote the season Sugar & Partners have slowed down the action to ensure audiences don't miss a thing. Despite the change of pace, the excited fans jumping around, motocross rider and confetti ensure the campaign continues to build on the hype generated in previous campaigns. The music by local artist Kings also helps to provide energy—did you spot him in the crowd?
Who's it for:The New Zealand Olympic Committee by Saatchi & Saatchi
Why we like it: Competing on a global stage is no easy feat, and that's before cold temperatures, wind and snow are added. This campaign takes New Zealanders behind the scenes of the Winter Olympics to see what it takes get there and hopefully win a medal. In this particular video, featuring Janina Kuzma, the choice to not add music and leave the wind as the only sound emphasises the harsh conditions she trains in and her dedication to the sport.
Who's it for: Kiwibank by Hello
Why we like it: Kiwibank is bidding farewell to student giveaways and acknowledging the demographic is not only motivated by freebies. Instead, this campaign, featuring Shortland Street's Jayden Daniels, ties into the brand's wider campaigns about investing in a locally owned bank. And if that message alone isn't enough to make students sit up and listen, the inclusion of Daniels taking his shirt off is sure to generate some attention.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!