Are you a passionate digital designer and strong in all things UI & Interaction Design? Are you freelancing and now looking for a something more solid, or full-time and looking for a quick change, then we have the perfect 12 month fixed term contract for you.
Our client, one of Auckland's best digital consultancies is looking for someone senior, established, and experienced to cover a set maternity period. They're a fast-growing digital firm, with big corporate and international clients so the role would no doubt extend past the cover period into full-time as an option.
The successful candidate will provide strategic design input across multiple client projects, and provide design quality in UI and interaction disciplines, with some leadership to juniors in the studio.
Great new contract role, Start ASAP or 4 weeks notice period is fine.
• Minimum 8 years
• Agency experience (digital or design)
• Strong Digital & UI Design skills at senior level
• Has strong creative & design process and thinking
• Lives by detail and design excellence
• Organic problem solver
• Has a strong understanding of the technological aspects of the many digital touch points & mediums
• Across responsive web design, mobile & app design
• Ensure periodic review of own projects and deliverables
• Promotes knowledge transfer and best practice sharing within team
• Defines and leads design standards and processes
• Collaborate with fellow directors to identify preferred design practices, tools or technologies
• Consult with clients to ensure effective capture of their brands needs and design constraints
• Support Account Leads in building senior relationships with clients
Personality & Work Ethic:
• Confident and supportive
• Team player
• Intelligent & curious adventurer
• Approachable, presentable and professional
Tertiary education - Graphic / UX or Digital Design (preferred)
• Central Auckland (near transport)
• First class design studio & digital environment
• Organised work environment
• Enter awards
• Industry training
Let Pond Director Leighton Howl and The Pond agents help you realise your global market value and future career potential in New Zealand. Apply today, or get in touch for more information.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
Congratulations on issue 247! Here's to issue 500!
that's what we heard
any truth to the rumour that they have dumped 2D for Voda?
Very well played R&R (aged 5) and Special (aged 10) from all of us at the adolescent Big (aged 15).
Wonder what NZ Governments tax take is from the top 4 ranked websites. I think we can probably describe it as SF & A
Well done guys! Five years is a lifetime in your game.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Auckland City Mission by 99
Why we like it: To encourage donations to the Auckland City Mission, and less waste during the festive season, this ad is a mix of humour and seriousness to highlight the City Mission’s new initiative. Instead of buying a silly gift which never gets used – a rubber chicken or chattering teeth for example – buy one off the website, through which the money goes to the City Mission and the recipient gets an email. It’s a great idea for a wonderful cause.
Who’s it for: Lotto New Zealand by DDB
Why we like it: Who doesn’t love a joyful reunion (Love Actually anyone?) – Lotto’s latest ad, part of the Imagine campaign, reunites the two armoured truck drivers in a Christmas surprise. While it may not have quite the same impact if you didn’t see the Amoured Truck spot, it’s still festive enough to make you smile.
Who’s it for: Pak’n’Save by FCB
Why we like it: Stickman is celebrating Christmas with his cousin Snowy the Snowman. As usual, the spots have Stickman poking a bit of fun at the often mundane task of grocery shopping. Let's hope that Snowy survives the Kiwi heat.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!