Our client, a fast-growing digital agency based in Auckland, New Zealand is looking to appoint a Digital Creative & Design Director; someone experienced, global and simply outstanding.
If you're a design rainmaker and passionate digital thinker, with a proven track record in design leadership, then this role is for you.
They are seeking a strong yet supportive leader, passionate about mentoring and developing others. Their days will be filled collaborating with project teams, UX Architects & Lead Developers on a range of projects for various digital mediums and touch points. The new person will provide strategic input across multiple client projects and provide design practice leadership to everyone in the Design, UX and Dev studios.
The person in this role will oversee and coach the design team, ensuring high-quality practices and outcomes. They will collaborate with their fellow directors to evolve and embed industry-leading digital design practice across the many quality clients the agency services.
• Minimum 10 years
• Agency experience (digital or design)
• Preferably experience in a leading design firm, focused on digital
• Has been a leader with strong creative process
• Lives by design & digital excellence
• Organic problem solver
• Interactive design
• Has a strong understanding of the technological aspects of the many digital touch points
• Proven abilities in introducing leading design practices into client organizations
• Responsive design, UX, human centred design, mobile & APP design and more
• Overall business marketing experience is helpful
• Identify design capability and training opportunities across the studio
• Ensure periodic review of design team’s approach and deliverables
• Promote knowledge transfer and best practice sharing
• Define creative standards and processes
• Collaborate with fellow directors to identify preferred design practices, tools or technologies
• Lead creation of appropriate training material and tools
• Consult on reverse briefs for new projects
• Support the Account Strategist in setting the strategic direction of the project
• Ensure the solution addresses the strategic, business and user goals identified at the project’s outset
• Consult with clients to ensure effective capture of their brands needs and design constraints
• Support Account Leads in building senior relationships with clients
• Support the new business director with new business meetings and presentations
Personality & Work Ethic:
• Confident risk taker
• Intelligent & curious adventurer
• Personable & graceful
• Approachable, presentable and professional
• Tertiary education - Graphic / UX or Digital Design preferred
• Central Auckland (near transport)
• First class studio & creative digital environment
• Organised work environment
• Enter awards
• Industry exposure & training
Let Pond Director Leighton Howl and The Pond agents help you realise your global market value and future career potential in New Zealand. Apply today, or get in touch for more information.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
Sounds like a bad day at the office all round.
Who wrote the underlying jingle, originally?
How many people are left at Clems in Wgtn? I hear ddb have taken Fly Buys off them as well...
Nah no biggie
What's the total weight difference? What's the patty weight difference? What's the price difference? Do you like real tomatoes, onions, and pickles like the Whopper or secret goop like the Big Mac? The Big Mac only comes their way(socialism), but ...
Oh dear... This is incomprehensible.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Mai by MediaWorks and Radlab Productions.
Why we like it: It's nice to see the faces behind the voices in this ad. It's simple and feel-good, all while poking fun at some of the conventions of a music montage. Behind-the-scenes tricks like a hairdryer wind machine and torch spotlight are on full display for an extra laugh.
Who’s it for: MacKenzie Bread (Goodman Fielder) by The Enthusiasts and Curious Film
Why we like it: There's nothing like a bread ad to tug on the heartstrings. The grocery staple is as important to our lives as, well, (bread and) butter, so it's no wonder MacKenzie Bread likes to celebrate the process of creating its fine loaf. Nothing good comes easy but this ad makes it look easy as.
Who’s it for: Air New Zealand by Exposure
Why we like it: The latest installment of Air New Zealand's 'Where to Next?' campaign follows the same formula as its predecessors. Now the campaign has been around for a couple of years the latest ad seems familiar despite it being brand new. Showcasing Chicago and Los Angeles, it really makes us believe any destination is a possibility for our next trip.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!