Our client, a fast-growing digital agency based in Auckland, New Zealand is looking to appoint a Digital Creative & Design Director; someone experienced, global and simply outstanding.
If you're a design rainmaker and passionate digital thinker, with a proven track record in design leadership, then this role is for you.
They are seeking a strong yet supportive leader, passionate about mentoring and developing others. Their days will be filled collaborating with project teams, UX Architects & Lead Developers on a range of projects for various digital mediums and touch points. The new person will provide strategic input across multiple client projects and provide design practice leadership to everyone in the Design, UX and Dev studios.
The person in this role will oversee and coach the design team, ensuring high-quality practices and outcomes. They will collaborate with their fellow directors to evolve and embed industry-leading digital design practice across the many quality clients the agency services.
• Minimum 10 years
• Agency experience (digital or design)
• Preferably experience in a leading design firm, focused on digital
• Has been a leader with strong creative process
• Lives by design & digital excellence
• Organic problem solver
• Interactive design
• Has a strong understanding of the technological aspects of the many digital touch points
• Proven abilities in introducing leading design practices into client organizations
• Responsive design, UX, human centred design, mobile & APP design and more
• Overall business marketing experience is helpful
• Identify design capability and training opportunities across the studio
• Ensure periodic review of design team’s approach and deliverables
• Promote knowledge transfer and best practice sharing
• Define creative standards and processes
• Collaborate with fellow directors to identify preferred design practices, tools or technologies
• Lead creation of appropriate training material and tools
• Consult on reverse briefs for new projects
• Support the Account Strategist in setting the strategic direction of the project
• Ensure the solution addresses the strategic, business and user goals identified at the project’s outset
• Consult with clients to ensure effective capture of their brands needs and design constraints
• Support Account Leads in building senior relationships with clients
• Support the new business director with new business meetings and presentations
Personality & Work Ethic:
• Confident risk taker
• Intelligent & curious adventurer
• Personable & graceful
• Approachable, presentable and professional
• Tertiary education - Graphic / UX or Digital Design preferred
• Central Auckland (near transport)
• First class studio & creative digital environment
• Organised work environment
• Enter awards
• Industry exposure & training
Let Pond Director Leighton Howl and The Pond agents help you realise your global market value and future career potential in New Zealand. Apply today, or get in touch for more information.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
Nice work guys.
Abolustely gutted to see Paul go, he’s been an awesome leader at 99 and bought a great vibe to the agency. He will no doubt smash it on his next endeavour and I wish him all the best, they are ...
What a loss for 99, but I’m sure Troy will carry on your good work. A true advertising legend and an agent of change leaving before the fruits of his labour are fully realised. Best of luck Paul in your ...
No mention of Ali Mau? I would hope Mediaworks are - at the very least - retaining her as a fill-in presenter for any of the key roles?
Sounds great; I'm looking forward to the new channel. Congratulations to Three for their much deserved success in the ratings.
Predictable, safe and vanilla. Will be forgotten pretty quickly I suspect.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Super Rugby by Sugar & Partners
Why we like it: Super Rugby is typically a fast-paced game, but to promote the season Sugar & Partners have slowed down the action to ensure audiences don't miss a thing. Despite the change of pace, the excited fans jumping around, motocross rider and confetti ensure the campaign continues to build on the hype generated in previous campaigns. The music by local artist Kings also helps to provide energy—did you spot him in the crowd?
Who's it for:The New Zealand Olympic Committee by Saatchi & Saatchi
Why we like it: Competing on a global stage is no easy feat, and that's before cold temperatures, wind and snow are added. This campaign takes New Zealanders behind the scenes of the Winter Olympics to see what it takes get there and hopefully win a medal. In this particular video, featuring Janina Kuzma, the choice to not add music and leave the wind as the only sound emphasises the harsh conditions she trains in and her dedication to the sport.
Who's it for: Kiwibank by Hello
Why we like it: Kiwibank is bidding farewell to student giveaways and acknowledging the demographic is not only motivated by freebies. Instead, this campaign, featuring Shortland Street's Jayden Daniels, ties into the brand's wider campaigns about investing in a locally owned bank. And if that message alone isn't enough to make students sit up and listen, the inclusion of Daniels taking his shirt off is sure to generate some attention.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!