Mō tātou, ā, mō kā uri ā muri ake nei - for us and our children after us.
Looking for an exceptional opportunity to help drive the digital growth of one of the largest tourism operators in Aotearoa?
We are on the hunt for a digital superstar - an analyst with a track record of driving insight based decision making to improve digital marketing strategy and campaign effectiveness.
This is an awesome opportunity and a meaty and diverse role where you will drive the future growth of some of New Zealand's most iconic experiences and be part of a whānau (family) that is passionate about adventure, culture and nature.
We are excited to share a new opportunity to join our Marketing and Communications team, based in our Christchurch head office.
What will you do? The Digital Analyst will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to support us in developing and implementing best practice campaigns by providing data-driven insights to enhance our marketing strategies.
The position will incorporate a variety of activities, including:
* Working with the Marketing & Digital teams to deliver enhanced results focused digital campaign strategy that aligns with overarching brand strategy
* Identifying objectives and advising on measurement strategies for digital campaigns
* Benchmarking campaign performance across all online channels
* Reporting, analysing and interpreting key metrics to identify trends and recommendations
* Developing and implementing meaningful custom dashboards
* Analysing online user behaviour and conversion data
* Championing a data-driven mind-set
* Performing Return On Investment analysis to evaluate different marketing campaigns
* Participating in regular marketing meetings and contributing to annual strategic planning processes.
What are we looking for? Someone with energy, expertise, superior analytical ability, an eye for detail and excellent communication skills will be a natural fit in our supportive and collaborative team environment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
* Significant (5yrs+) experience in a comparable role
* In-depth understanding of Google Analytics (ideally a Google Analytics certified professional)
* In depth understanding of SEO strategies
* Comprehensive knowledge of digital metrics across environments such as Facebook, Google Display Network and Google Adwords
* Proven expertise in information gathering, analysis and reporting
* A natural flair for critical thinking and problem solving
* A good understanding of Excel
* A result focused attitude
* Excellent attention to detail
* Exceptional communication skills.
A little bit about us
Ngāi Tahu Tourism hosts one million customers every year across 11 iconic businesses around Aotearoa:
* Shotover Jet
* Guided Walks New Zealand (including Hollyford Track and NZ Snowshoe)
* Dart River Adventures
* Dart River Stables
* Franz Josef Glacier Guides
* Franz Josef Glacier Hot Pools
* Hukafalls Jet
* Rainbow Springs
* Glacier Southern Lakes Helicopters
* Earth & Sky.
Our purpose is to make the connection - with our customers, through our people, to our place and to Ngāi Tahu.
As an organisation we are proud of our connection to Ngāi Tahu and we embrace and champion the Ngāi Tahu Tourism values. This includes the use of appropriate Māori greetings and language across the business.
We also enjoy working in a safe and healthy work environment and expect our teams to demonstrate safe working practices in everything that we do.
Join us on our journey to becoming the number one tourism operator in Aotearoa!
Haere mai APPLY NOW (job code 23680)
Ngai Tahu Tourism is a fun, unique and safe place to work and we'd like to keep it that way. Before starting with us, you'll go through a range of checks, including drug and alcohol testing. Health and safety is super important and this is part of how we keep you, our team and our customers safe.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand to apply for this role.
Applications close 19 November 2017.
In recent memory Kiwibank have been for the most part, somewhat different than the others. This is very same same. As in same as the BNZ. Same as an insurance company. This is good enough, but the same.
It was really rewarding to see all the Graphic judges this year awarding themselves golds. Nice guys!
I understand some of these words
Wow! Congratulations to the whole team.
Hilarious, until the next fatal local shark attack...
There IS a story
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Bay Audiology by Saatchi & Saatchi
Why we like: Made from sound data, this ad for Bay Audiology is clever, muffling the sound at the beginning to demonstrate what a hearing loss sufferer would experience and giving us a new way to look at at the concept of laughter. It's a different direction for the brand and its previous ads, and a great reminder of what we lose when we lose our hearing.
Who's it for: Flight Centre New Zealand
Why we like it: It's always cute and entertaining to see what children think and this spot is no exception. The travel agency asks kids questions about their memories of holidays, how the flights were and what they thought of Flight Centre, and the kids' responses range from the bizarre to the hilarious. While the concept is nothing new, this ad will be enjoyed with a laugh by all.
Who's it for:Contact Energy by Bob’s Your Uncle
Why we like it: From sharing food to flipping a coin for the ball, Contact Energy is all about fairness in its latest campaign. The ad highlights its message of only having to pay for the power you use at the bach – such as mowing the lawns, running the fan, brushing your teeth – through a bunch of well-known games like paper-scissors-rock. While the spot is simple, we like the mix of humour and seriousness in getting the point across.
Who's it for: Ministry of Education by FCB
Why we like it: This ad for the Ministry of Education shows the power of teachers who care, teach and help each child as necessary, with a definite heartfelt moment. Its mission is to encourage New Zealanders to sign up as teachers, and hopefully it works. Thumbs up to a similar ad that is all in te reo Māori set in a kura kuapapa.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!