Proven your skills as a Design Director and looking to step up to the big league? Want to join an award-winning creative team passionate about creating powerful work that gets strategic and creative results for clients? Want more variety and the opportunity to work with large corporates, government agencies and boutique clients nationwide?
As our Auckland Design Director you will be a talented, strong conceptual thinker. You’re a clear, effective communicator and know what it takes to organise both projects and local design team. You’re passionate about all aspects of branding, campaign thinking and all forms of communications on and off line. You’re ambitious, showing initiative and leadership in creative thinking. You have proven strategic design capability and the ability to lead a team of in-house and freelance talent to deliver your creative vision.
· Minimum 10 years recognised design or advertising agency studio experience
· Valid New Zealand work visa
· Tertiary preferred
You're skilled in:
·Thinking beyond the obvious, aligning big ideas and concepts to the brief
· Problem solving and effectively collaborating in a team environment
· Structuring ideas and persuasive presentations that clients understand and grasp
· Effectively and clearly communicating with all members of the team
· Coaching and mentoring the design team
· Planning creative projects using good judgement, insights and forecasting systems
· Designing with confidence and seamlessly aligning excellence and fresh creative ideas
·Effectively using Creative Suite design tools
And you have an exceptionally strong strategic creative portfolio.
Personality and cultural fit:
· Hard working and diligent
· Enjoys a good laugh
· A mind set on understanding the bigger picture
· Inquisitive. Confident to ask insightful questions and apply reasoning to openly see different possibilities
· Good listener
· Positive, friendly attitude
· Prioritising and sequencing thinking with a focus on getting positive results
We provide you with:
· Opportunity to be part of a clear and strong vision
· Structured and encouraging personal development programme
· Great mix of clients and projects to work on
· A creative work environment in our Auckland office
· Central waterfront location, near public transport
· A catalogue of staff health and wellbeing benefits
· A great team of highly skilled, smart people that like to work and play hard
· Very competitive salary package
· Creative Director
We’re creating something awesome. If you want to join us, apply using the link below with your cover letter and a copy or link to your CV and portfolio.
Sound like you?
We would love to hear from you.
To apply /
Go to http://www.insightcreative.co.nz/careers/design-director and upload your CV and portfolio, or email Brian Slade: firstname.lastname@example.org
In recent memory Kiwibank have been for the most part, somewhat different than the others. This is very same same. As in same as the BNZ. Same as an insurance company. This is good enough, but the same.
It was really rewarding to see all the Graphic judges this year awarding themselves golds. Nice guys!
I understand some of these words
Wow! Congratulations to the whole team.
Hilarious, until the next fatal local shark attack...
There IS a story
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Bay Audiology by Saatchi & Saatchi
Why we like: Made from sound data, this ad for Bay Audiology is clever, muffling the sound at the beginning to demonstrate what a hearing loss sufferer would experience and giving us a new way to look at at the concept of laughter. It's a different direction for the brand and its previous ads, and a great reminder of what we lose when we lose our hearing.
Who's it for: Flight Centre New Zealand
Why we like it: It's always cute and entertaining to see what children think and this spot is no exception. The travel agency asks kids questions about their memories of holidays, how the flights were and what they thought of Flight Centre, and the kids' responses range from the bizarre to the hilarious. While the concept is nothing new, this ad will be enjoyed with a laugh by all.
Who's it for:Contact Energy by Bob’s Your Uncle
Why we like it: From sharing food to flipping a coin for the ball, Contact Energy is all about fairness in its latest campaign. The ad highlights its message of only having to pay for the power you use at the bach – such as mowing the lawns, running the fan, brushing your teeth – through a bunch of well-known games like paper-scissors-rock. While the spot is simple, we like the mix of humour and seriousness in getting the point across.
Who's it for: Ministry of Education by FCB
Why we like it: This ad for the Ministry of Education shows the power of teachers who care, teach and help each child as necessary, with a definite heartfelt moment. Its mission is to encourage New Zealanders to sign up as teachers, and hopefully it works. Thumbs up to a similar ad that is all in te reo Māori set in a kura kuapapa.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!