With strong year on year growth (40 people and counting), a focus on creative quality, and a multitude of awards, we're fast building a reputation as New Zealand's leading independent agency.
Many of New Zealand's most prestigious clients entrust the Little Giant team with their business, including Fairfax, Fonterra, Air New Zealand, BNZ, Rocket Lab and Spark, to name a few.
Make the move to a globally ambitious company that champions creativity and values its people. It'll be a move enriched with learning, achievement, opportunity and heaps of really good times.
AS A COPYWRITER YOU WILL:
- Generate and refine branding and campaign concepts that position our clients in market in creative and compelling ways.
- Write manifestos, campaign lines, brand film & radio scripts, headlines and body copy.
- Attend shoots and recordings and direct talent where required.
- Prepare social content calendars and write post and ad copy for social networks including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Edit and write longform website and app copy.
- Prepare blog posts, articles and press releases for our clients.
- Edit blog posts, presentations, articles and press releases for Little Giant.
- Proof content prior to publication, print or presentation.
- 3 - 7 years experience as a professional creative copywriter.
- A portfolio that includes world class creative ideas and longform copy examples.
- Impeccable knowledge of grammar. You take your craft seriously.
- A versatile command of tone and style. You can write for any audience.
- Basic scamping ability. You can draw up an idea well enough to communicate it clearly.
- Basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite. You can open files and edit copy.
- A team player. You work comfortably as a part of a team that mixes up the traditional creative pairings.
- Comfortable in front of the client. You’re happy to present your ideas and you know how to read a room.
- Get paid what you are worth. We offer rewarding annual salary packages typically above market rates. We want the best people and understand these people should be compensated appropriately for their performance.
- Put yourself in a position for long term career progression. The long term potential with Little Giant is exponential, we have huge plans, are one of NZ's fastest growing companies and are still in our infancy. We are looking for talented individuals to develop into leadership positions as the company expands here and internationally.
- Work within a social and fun company culture. We have carefully built a team of empathetic and caring individuals who genuinely enjoy spending time together inside and outside the office. The company invests heavily in staff entertainment and perks to facilitate this social culture.
- Work with a world class team. We are extremely careful about who we hire - forsaking growth for the sake of quality - this means no dead weight, everyone you’ll be working with is extremely talented at what they do and is committed to the company and the work we produce.
- Work in a beautiful, creative & spacious office. Our offices are located in Auckland CBD. We have a large character space with natural light, playful furnishings & state of the art workstations. We have worked hard to design a creative environment that contributes to our world class work.
Fantastic work. Also hearing great things about the Drive project in low-income communities. Congrats to all involved!
1989 called... They want their idea back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNymPocKro
Absolutely, have to admit this was confusing to me and my team as well.
Oh man, this is TERRIBLE!!!!!! So damn confusing...just have a straightforward rationale and stick with it Lightbox...
I like it
As David Ogilvy would say ... perhaps the advertising agency thinks the public find the actual products as boring as the agency does.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Forsyth Barr/Summer by FCB New Zealand
Why we like it: New Zealanders are notorious for taking serious decisions lightly and this tongue-in-cheek ad by FCB for Forsyth Barr’s Summer KiwiSaver scheme gets that tone just right. A human-sized sheep in trendy clothing talking about his negligence towards his financial responsibilities is enough to get a chuckle out of anyone. The thinly veiled analogy to ‘not be a sheep(le)’ and take responsibility is not preachy but light-hearted.
Who’s it for: ANZ by TBWA
Why we like it: We all know it’s rare to see a heart-to-heart between two men on television so it’s nice to see just that in ANZ’s new KiwiSaver ad by TBWA. The way KiwiSaver is brought up in the ads is pretty clunkily approached but adding other topics such as dating, household chores and life makes the ad an endearing watch.
Who’s it for : Spark by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Matariki season is bringing with it a lot of joy and pride nationwide this year. Spark’s unique video embraces what is important about our very own New Year – family, traditions and knowledge. More an educational resource than ad, the care taken to make the imagery and sentiment culturally appropriate is evident in the decision to include all nine Matariki stars. The animation artfully articulates the stories behind the constellation while the te reo Māori script is as much soothing as it is exciting to see the language celebrated.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!