Simply put, we do two things at Nielsen. We measure performance for our clients and we use analytics to help our clients grow their business. Measurement and analytics are two separate things, and each is important and valuable on its own, but the connection of the two makes them both even more critical and valuable.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by partnering with our clients and using data to explain what is happening with their business needs, and what they should do to improve business performance.
Working with both your Nielsen colleagues and spending time with clients, you will build partnerships to allow you to understand your client needs and requirements. You'll use this knowledge to develop in depth analytics and create that compelling stories to deliver the insight and drive business growth.
Day in the life of a Media Analyst
- Ensuring the delivery of Nielsen's contractual analytical commitments (on-going and ad-hoc) and analytical insight requirements that meets our service level agreements.
- Responding to client briefs with the appropriate solutions and deliverables
- Maintain and develop joint business plans and build effective relationships with clients, including key business priorities to maximise business opportunities
- In partnership with Client Development teams, build relationships with continuous clients enabling c-suite engagement.
- Reviewing progress with internal sales teams where opportunities for growth have been flagged and work closely with the team to drive these forward.
- Developing and presenting thought leadership created by Nielsen associates
- Design and plan analytical support to clients according to their needs, managing stages in this process and performance on a frequent basis. Presenting necessary recommendations and tracking these outcomes
- Train internal and external clients on the usage of Nielsen products and services.
Desired skills and experience
- Ideally, we are looking for someone with 4+ years of extensive experience in data analysis, strong understanding of New Zealand media market conditions, and have detailed knowledge of Nielsen tools, services and product portfolio.
- Your ability to build strong networks and relationships with external and internal stakeholders, experience in working with clients to solve business issues will hold you in good stead.
- Strong planning and servicing skills, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills should be your strong suite. The ability to clearly demonstrate and design solutions to answer client business needs, strong consultative style of working will definitely put you ahead of the game.
We are committed to providing our team with development, mentoring, and long-term career opportunities. This opportunity is just the beginning of your future at Nielsen. We want you to be you - and we want to help you excel and grow in your career with us.
Want to know more about what it’s like working in an analytical team at Nielsen? Take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkQO6WNCLnk
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Very well played R&R (aged 5) and Special (aged 10) from all of us at the adolescent Big (aged 15).
Wonder what NZ Governments tax take is from the top 4 ranked websites. I think we can probably describe it as SF & A
Well done guys! Five years is a lifetime in your game.
Really nice follow-up. People gonna love it.
Joyful? I'm struggling to find any. Did you mean to write 'awful'?
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Auckland City Mission by 99
Why we like it: To encourage donations to the Auckland City Mission, and less waste during the festive season, this ad is a mix of humour and seriousness to highlight the City Mission’s new initiative. Instead of buying a silly gift which never gets used – a rubber chicken or chattering teeth for example – buy one off the website, through which the money goes to the City Mission and the recipient gets an email. It’s a great idea for a wonderful cause.
Who’s it for: Lotto New Zealand by DDB
Why we like it: Who doesn’t love a joyful reunion (Love Actually anyone?) – Lotto’s latest ad, part of the Imagine campaign, reunites the two armoured truck drivers in a Christmas surprise. While it may not have quite the same impact if you didn’t see the Amoured Truck spot, it’s still festive enough to make you smile.
Who’s it for: Pak’n’Save by FCB
Why we like it: Stickman is celebrating Christmas with his cousin Snowy the Snowman. As usual, the spots have Stickman poking a bit of fun at the often mundane task of grocery shopping. Let's hope that Snowy survives the Kiwi heat.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!