Simply put, we do two things at Nielsen. We measure performance for our clients and we use analytics to help our clients grow their business. Measurement and analytics are two separate things, and each is important and valuable on its own, but the connection of the two makes them both even more critical and valuable.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE by partnering with our clients and using data to explain what is happening with their business needs, and what they should do to improve business performance.
Working with both your Nielsen colleagues and spending time with clients, you will build partnerships to allow you to understand your client needs and requirements. You'll use this knowledge to develop in depth analytics and create that compelling stories to deliver the insight and drive business growth.
Day in the life of a Media Analyst
- Ensuring the delivery of Nielsen's contractual analytical commitments (on-going and ad-hoc) and analytical insight requirements that meets our service level agreements.
- Responding to client briefs with the appropriate solutions and deliverables
- Maintain and develop joint business plans and build effective relationships with clients, including key business priorities to maximise business opportunities
- In partnership with Client Development teams, build relationships with continuous clients enabling c-suite engagement.
- Reviewing progress with internal sales teams where opportunities for growth have been flagged and work closely with the team to drive these forward.
- Developing and presenting thought leadership created by Nielsen associates
- Design and plan analytical support to clients according to their needs, managing stages in this process and performance on a frequent basis. Presenting necessary recommendations and tracking these outcomes
- Train internal and external clients on the usage of Nielsen products and services.
Desired skills and experience
- Ideally, we are looking for someone with 4+ years of extensive experience in data analysis, strong understanding of New Zealand media market conditions, and have detailed knowledge of Nielsen tools, services and product portfolio.
- Your ability to build strong networks and relationships with external and internal stakeholders, experience in working with clients to solve business issues will hold you in good stead.
- Strong planning and servicing skills, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills should be your strong suite. The ability to clearly demonstrate and design solutions to answer client business needs, strong consultative style of working will definitely put you ahead of the game.
We are committed to providing our team with development, mentoring, and long-term career opportunities. This opportunity is just the beginning of your future at Nielsen. We want you to be you - and we want to help you excel and grow in your career with us.
Want to know more about what it’s like working in an analytical team at Nielsen? Take a look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkQO6WNCLnk
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Anyone know who had the work before?
Anyone know who had the work before?
That is genius. Your new name is way better. Heaps more intriguing. Great stuff Scapegrace and Motion Sickness.
Love the new name and the video. Such a cool way to take a frustrating situation and make it into something good. Nice work guys
So good! Well done motion sickness!
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Spark by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Many brands worldwide put out ads and campaigns in light of International Women's Day last week, some with questionable reasoning (looking at you McDonald's). It's great to see inspiration paired with action with this particular campaign, with women able to make a call to a respective leader to ask career questions or get advice about a particular field. With 17 leaders available, including author Joy Cowley and scientist Michelle Dickenson, we hope many Kiwi woman took up the opportunity to chat.
Who's it for: Bags Not by Bcg2 and Go Well Consulting
Why we like it: A campaign that wants to save the world is a good one in our books. The 'Bags Not' campaign encourages Kiwis to say no to plastic bags and supports them to change their single-use habits. Short and sweet and not too preachy, the ad uses celebrities such as artist Dick Frizell and writer and TV presenter, Jaquie Brown to help Kiwi consumers make a behaviour change. However, the proof will be in the pudding to see if Kiwis can cut down on the 1.6 billion single-use plastic bags used each year.
Who’s it for: BNZ by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: This is the second phase of BNZ’s ‘Bank of You’ and it continues the focus on community and empathy. Featuring different communities in different situations the ad shows banking is more than just suits and spreadsheets. From flower shops to friends, New Zealanders are diverse and so are their interests.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!