Colenso BBDO was recently awarded the #1 spot in the Directory Big Won rankings, among a whole host of other accolades. That’s #1 in the world.
At heart, we’re a bunch of creative troublemakers and we’re looking for a talented Business Director to come and join us. This is a key role within the Experiential & Activations team, responsible for the delivery of top quality integrated PR campaigns for Colenso BBDO clients as well as working with the Head of Activation & PR to drive the agency’s PR offering. If you’re frustrated about not being able to affect change and push beyond convention, then you need to look seriously at this opportunity.
As Business Director, you will be an ongoing interface between clients and the agency. It is a hands-on role requiring you to deliver solution-focused service to key clients. And while you will primarily be involved in the management and implementation of PR programmes you will also be required to develop concepts and ideas for campaigns and to identify revenue opportunities to develop with the Head of Activation and PR.
We have an impressive roster of clients which this role will work across. You will be required to use your initiative and experience to identify and develop new business opportunities for the clients that you work on. You’d be joining to agency at an exciting time as they deliver omni-channel Customer Experiences and find new, innovative ways to engage with consumers.
This is a pivotal role, with big rewards and tangible goals.
• To manage and lead day-to-day client activity on PR projects
• To provide practical and strategic guidance to the agency on PR ideas and concepts
• To drive the successful financial performance of your clients
• To help in develop ‘best practice’ systems and processes for delivering PR programmes
• To champion PR (and experiential activity) with clients and within the agency
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding communications skills – both written and verbal
• An in-depth understanding of current / modern PR techniques and practices
• The ability to successfully develop and pitch editorial stories to a variety of key media
• Good media contacts and relationships – or the ability to develop them
• Strong relationship skills with the aim of maintaining and developing internal and external relationships
• The ability to manage and inspire your team and the people who work with you
• A passion for creativity and doing great work
• The ability to develop and communicate concepts to clients, internal stakeholders, and external partners
• Accurate, timely and complete recording of timesheets and disbursements
• Utilisation of time management tools, administration systems, account teams and resources
• Strategic skills supported by day-to day delivery
• A fast learner with an open mind that is happy to take onboard new ideas and look at new ways of doing things
What makes a successful person at Colenso BBDO:
They make work better
They are loved (not just liked) by their colleagues, clients and suppliers
They present to well
They are radiators not drains
They raise hands rather than point fingers
They are “we” not “me”
They are closers
They have a healthy paranoia
They do the right thing
If you’d like to discuss other opportunities with Clemenger Group, please contact email@example.com
And remember to follow us here: www.linkedin.com/company/clemenger-group/careers
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
What changes need to occur?
Great result for FCB - full credit to them after Colenso's two year run. It was a real clean-up and well deserved. Let's be honest though, there needs to be some big changes to the Effies. On many levels. Maybe ...
Please write a list of the advertising agencies that consider themselves non- creative. I'd like a list so that I can avoid paying them creative fees.
Totally agree. Awareness is high, what do we do? is the brief. That's why Breast Cream was infinitely better than these retro ads.
I don't think Breast Cancer has any trouble with awareness to begin with.
Wow we need this.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: ASB by With Collective
Why we like it: Slightly dry humour aside, ASB's tried something a little different with its new agency With Collective. Rachel House, from Hunt for the Wilderpeople, owns the role of True Rewarden and lends her comedic tone to a script that manages to educate the audience about True Rewards alongside the one-liners. It's too early to tell if the True Rewards character becomes as iconic as Goldstein but we hope she sticks around for a few more spots at least.
Who's it for: Hallenstein Brothers
Why we like it: Just in case you're invited to a black-tie event in Botswana, Hallenstein Brothers has your back. This spot is the latest in a video series that's taken suits where no other suits have been before, including the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah and shark-infested waters, and in return stirred up jealousy among viewers who wish they could be a model for the clothing brand. And if the beautifully shot African wildlife is not enough, the song Kingdom Come makes for great listening and we're sure the band, Braves, will get a lot of attention from Hallenstein's shout out to them on Facebook.
Who's it for: Les Mills Fight Night by Media Design School students
Why we like it: The annual Les Mills Fight Night was last week and this year Media Design School students made no secret of the fact Cure Kids needs donations to fund its research. Adding impact to the already gripping images of fighters securing coins to their fists is the fact that the first one shown is a father to a sick child. His appearance exemplifies the fact that despite not being in the ring, parents are fighting for the kids every day. The final blow to the heartstrings is the inclusion of Eva, a young girl with a rare condition that's endangering her life.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!