Colenso BBDO was recently awarded the #1 spot in the Directory Big Won rankings, among a whole host of other accolades. That’s #1 in the world.
At heart, we’re a bunch of creative troublemakers and we’re looking for a talented Business Director to come and join us. This is a key role within the Experiential & Activations team, responsible for the delivery of top quality integrated PR campaigns for Colenso BBDO clients as well as working with the Head of Activation & PR to drive the agency’s PR offering. If you’re frustrated about not being able to affect change and push beyond convention, then you need to look seriously at this opportunity.
As Business Director, you will be an ongoing interface between clients and the agency. It is a hands-on role requiring you to deliver solution-focused service to key clients. And while you will primarily be involved in the management and implementation of PR programmes you will also be required to develop concepts and ideas for campaigns and to identify revenue opportunities to develop with the Head of Activation and PR.
We have an impressive roster of clients which this role will work across. You will be required to use your initiative and experience to identify and develop new business opportunities for the clients that you work on. You’d be joining to agency at an exciting time as they deliver omni-channel Customer Experiences and find new, innovative ways to engage with consumers.
This is a pivotal role, with big rewards and tangible goals.
• To manage and lead day-to-day client activity on PR projects
• To provide practical and strategic guidance to the agency on PR ideas and concepts
• To drive the successful financial performance of your clients
• To help in develop ‘best practice’ systems and processes for delivering PR programmes
• To champion PR (and experiential activity) with clients and within the agency
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding communications skills – both written and verbal
• An in-depth understanding of current / modern PR techniques and practices
• The ability to successfully develop and pitch editorial stories to a variety of key media
• Good media contacts and relationships – or the ability to develop them
• Strong relationship skills with the aim of maintaining and developing internal and external relationships
• The ability to manage and inspire your team and the people who work with you
• A passion for creativity and doing great work
• The ability to develop and communicate concepts to clients, internal stakeholders, and external partners
• Accurate, timely and complete recording of timesheets and disbursements
• Utilisation of time management tools, administration systems, account teams and resources
• Strategic skills supported by day-to day delivery
• A fast learner with an open mind that is happy to take onboard new ideas and look at new ways of doing things
What makes a successful person at Colenso BBDO:
They make work better
They are loved (not just liked) by their colleagues, clients and suppliers
They present to well
They are radiators not drains
They raise hands rather than point fingers
They are “we” not “me”
They are closers
They have a healthy paranoia
They do the right thing
If you’d like to discuss other opportunities with Clemenger Group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
And remember to follow us here: www.linkedin.com/company/clemenger-group/careers
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
lots of actors in it, unlike recruitment
NZTA falls apart with the dated look and delivery. Nothing believable, just advertising. Sorry but more realism, storytelling and believability could have made this standout, but it fails.
want to elaborate on that? did you hate the recruitment ad also?
Another waste of taxpayers' money and police time.
Right on the money as always. Microinfluencers get so much more engagement - and the good ones don't have to pay for fake followers! And I'm with you on Snapchat. You think you look better with a dog's face?!
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) by Clemenger BBDO.
Why we like it: Ubiquitous to the festive season is a car rearing past you at a dangerous rate as you drive to your holiday spot. NZTA have buckled the public up, subjecting viewers to the sobering role of a policeman as he deals with a speed related fatality. The ad is filmed through the lens of honest realism as a policeman guides the viewer into the devastating consequences of speeding. The dialogue exposes an ignorant perception among many who believe they have a ‘right to speed’. NZTA’s campaign comes in the wake of various deaths on the road, offering a timely reminder that less speed equals less harm.
Who’s it for: McDonald’s by How to Dad and BloggersClub
Why we like it: New Zealand comedian, How To Dad’s Jordan Watson, dons the stubbies and gumboots yet again to celebrate the return of the Kiwi Burger. The ad follows Watson on his quest to partake in the various escapades on Kiwis' love list; including his cricket, skiing and golf ability. Watson is becoming an iconic figure in Kiwi advertisements which aligns well with McDonald’s localized burger. Since 3 January, McDonald’s have reached 566,000 views, 14,000 reactions and 3,000 shares on Facebook with the ad, proving it to be a number eight wire success.
Who’s it for: Mitre 10 by FCB.
Why we like it: Mitre 10’s simple but effective mantra is reinforced, releasing a new campaign for its own brand, Number 8. The campaign offers a wide selection of short video’s exhibiting the simple, yet practical bevvy, of home improvement products. The ads project gleaming shots of products; the Number 8 Handsaw, the Number 8 Hose and the Number 8 hammer which are all presented on a podium. Each video has a frank one-liner, which is bound to arouse any Kiwi into a frenzy of belly laughs. The campaign has kept the videos short and sweet while infusing the recognizable fluro orange of Mitre 10.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!