Colenso BBDO was recently awarded the #1 spot in the Directory Big Won rankings, among a whole host of other accolades. That’s #1 in the world.
At heart, we’re a bunch of creative troublemakers and we’re looking for a talented Business Director to come and join us. This is a key role within the Experiential & Activations team, responsible for the delivery of top quality integrated PR campaigns for Colenso BBDO clients as well as working with the Head of Activation & PR to drive the agency’s PR offering. If you’re frustrated about not being able to affect change and push beyond convention, then you need to look seriously at this opportunity.
As Business Director, you will be an ongoing interface between clients and the agency. It is a hands-on role requiring you to deliver solution-focused service to key clients. And while you will primarily be involved in the management and implementation of PR programmes you will also be required to develop concepts and ideas for campaigns and to identify revenue opportunities to develop with the Head of Activation and PR.
We have an impressive roster of clients which this role will work across. You will be required to use your initiative and experience to identify and develop new business opportunities for the clients that you work on. You’d be joining to agency at an exciting time as they deliver omni-channel Customer Experiences and find new, innovative ways to engage with consumers.
This is a pivotal role, with big rewards and tangible goals.
• To manage and lead day-to-day client activity on PR projects
• To provide practical and strategic guidance to the agency on PR ideas and concepts
• To drive the successful financial performance of your clients
• To help in develop ‘best practice’ systems and processes for delivering PR programmes
• To champion PR (and experiential activity) with clients and within the agency
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding communications skills – both written and verbal
• An in-depth understanding of current / modern PR techniques and practices
• The ability to successfully develop and pitch editorial stories to a variety of key media
• Good media contacts and relationships – or the ability to develop them
• Strong relationship skills with the aim of maintaining and developing internal and external relationships
• The ability to manage and inspire your team and the people who work with you
• A passion for creativity and doing great work
• The ability to develop and communicate concepts to clients, internal stakeholders, and external partners
• Accurate, timely and complete recording of timesheets and disbursements
• Utilisation of time management tools, administration systems, account teams and resources
• Strategic skills supported by day-to day delivery
• A fast learner with an open mind that is happy to take onboard new ideas and look at new ways of doing things
What makes a successful person at Colenso BBDO:
They make work better
They are loved (not just liked) by their colleagues, clients and suppliers
They present to well
They are radiators not drains
They raise hands rather than point fingers
They are “we” not “me”
They are closers
They have a healthy paranoia
They do the right thing
If you’d like to discuss other opportunities with Clemenger Group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
And remember to follow us here: www.linkedin.com/company/clemenger-group/careers
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
Anyone know who had the work before?
That is genius. Your new name is way better. Heaps more intriguing. Great stuff Scapegrace and Motion Sickness.
Love the new name and the video. Such a cool way to take a frustrating situation and make it into something good. Nice work guys
So good! Well done motion sickness!
Anything will be better than the wallpaper 2 Degrees have been rolling out the last year or two
Teaching kids to read is all fine, but what happens when the child goes home and talks to their parents about books, but the family is really struggling with literacy? How is a parent to feel when they're using 2 ...
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Spark by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Many brands worldwide put out ads and campaigns in light of International Women's Day last week, some with questionable reasoning (looking at you McDonald's). It's great to see inspiration paired with action with this particular campaign, with women able to make a call to a respective leader to ask career questions or get advice about a particular field. With 17 leaders available, including author Joy Cowley and scientist Michelle Dickenson, we hope many Kiwi woman took up the opportunity to chat.
Who's it for: Bags Not by Bcg2 and Go Well Consulting
Why we like it: A campaign that wants to save the world is a good one in our books. The 'Bags Not' campaign encourages Kiwis to say no to plastic bags and supports them to change their single-use habits. Short and sweet and not too preachy, the ad uses celebrities such as artist Dick Frizell and writer and TV presenter, Jaquie Brown to help Kiwi consumers make a behaviour change. However, the proof will be in the pudding to see if Kiwis can cut down on the 1.6 billion single-use plastic bags used each year.
Who’s it for: BNZ by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: This is the second phase of BNZ’s ‘Bank of You’ and it continues the focus on community and empathy. Featuring different communities in different situations the ad shows banking is more than just suits and spreadsheets. From flower shops to friends, New Zealanders are diverse and so are their interests.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!