Colenso is on the hunt for a standout Business Director to join our Public Relations team. This is a pivotal role within the Experiential & Activations team, responsible for the delivery of top quality integrated PR campaigns for Colenso BBDO clients as well as working with the Head of Activation & PR to drive the agency’s PR offering.
Your role requires a constant demonstration of proactive project management that delivers communications solutions for your clients and business for the agency. This includes driving the PR strategy as well as identifying the resources required for each project and coordinating them as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As Business Director, you will be an ongoing interface between clients and the agency. It is a hands-on role requiring you to deliver solution-focused service to key clients. And while you will primarily be involved in the management and implementation of PR programmes you will also be required to develop concepts and ideas for campaigns and to identify revenue opportunities to develop with the Head of Activation and PR.
We have an impressive roster of clients which this role will work across. You will be required to use your initiative and experience to identify and develop new business opportunities for the clients that you work on.
• To manage and lead day-to-day client activity on PR projects
• To provide practical and strategic guidance to the agency on PR ideas and concepts
• To drive the successful financial performance of your clients
• To help in develop ‘best practice’ systems and processes for delivering PR programmes
• To champion PR (and experiential activity) with clients and within the agency
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding communications skills – both written and verbal
• An in-depth understanding of current / modern PR techniques and practices
• The ability to successfully develop and pitch editorial stories to a variety of key media
• Good media contacts and relationships – or the ability to develop them
• Strong relationship skills with the aim of maintaining and developing internal and external relationships
• The ability to manage and inspire your team and the people who work with you
• A passion for creativity and doing great work
• The ability to develop and communicate concepts to clients, internal stakeholders, and external partners
• Accurate, timely and complete recording of timesheets and disbursements
• Utilisation of time management tools, administration systems, account teams and resources
• Strategic skills supported by day-to day delivery
• A fast learner with an open mind that is happy to take onboard new ideas and look at new ways of doing things
What makes a successful person at Colenso BBDO:
They make work better
They are loved (not just liked) by their colleagues, clients and suppliers
They present to well
They are radiators not drains
They raise hands rather than point fingers
They are “we” not “me”
They are closers
They have a healthy paranoia
They do the right thing
If you’d like to discuss other opportunities with Clemenger Group, please contact email@example.com
And remember to follow us here: www.linkedin.com/company/clemenger-group/careers
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
The mish mash of styles in the 60 is equally average. Overall nothing worth showcasing here surely?
Lolz, the entire screed above is disingenous at best, leaning towards blatantly egregious. In fact, this is classic lefty Stuff, fake news. Its utter lack of credibility will not be assuaged by censoring comment with which the editorial team disagrees, ...
They say 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' and I hesitate to accuse GJ Gardner of plagiarism, but there's some very similar material in here to my Building Guide, which has been around for over 25 years (11 published ...
I'm in Bid.
Yep, I think there must be much gnashing of teeth at PureSEO about their PR piece being mangled.
Sorry... "... on Pure SEO..." and " ...sites like Pure SEO...., clearly the author doesn't understand what Google Shopping is what the role is of SEM companies like Pure SEO (and many other that can help clients to leverage Google ...
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for:Headfirst
Why we like it: On the field, New Zealand's rugby stars are seen as strong characters who are immune to mental illness. However, this clip and the wider Headfirst work breaks that stereotype down, showing the players we cheer for are just like us and they're here to help. Last week, Jono Pryor received huge praise for his mention of mental illness at the end of Jono and Ben and we hope this spot generates the same kind of buzz.
Who's it for: Pedigree by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: University has just started and those who graduated last year are heading off on OEs or entering the work force, leaving many parents childless. Pedigree wants to make the most of that by filling these empty nests with rescue dogs. The campaign may joke about how parents should replace their kids with a canine, but underneath there's a serious message about rehoming the thousands of dogs that have been rescued from abuse and neglect.
Who's it for:G-Shock New Zealand by James Polhill and Fish & Clips
Why we like it: New Zealand rugby fans might think they know Julian Savea, but this spot goes behind the scenes of a rugby game to see what motivates him to do his best. By getting up close and personal with him, it shows the hard work involved in reaching the top. The story it tells is a great example of how a campaign can engage the audience before revealing the brand and product.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!