Colenso is on the hunt for a standout Business Director to join our Public Relations team. This is a pivotal role within the Experiential & Activations team, responsible for the delivery of top quality integrated PR campaigns for Colenso BBDO clients as well as working with the Head of Activation & PR to drive the agency’s PR offering.
Your role requires a constant demonstration of proactive project management that delivers communications solutions for your clients and business for the agency. This includes driving the PR strategy as well as identifying the resources required for each project and coordinating them as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As Business Director, you will be an ongoing interface between clients and the agency. It is a hands-on role requiring you to deliver solution-focused service to key clients. And while you will primarily be involved in the management and implementation of PR programmes you will also be required to develop concepts and ideas for campaigns and to identify revenue opportunities to develop with the Head of Activation and PR.
We have an impressive roster of clients which this role will work across. You will be required to use your initiative and experience to identify and develop new business opportunities for the clients that you work on.
• To manage and lead day-to-day client activity on PR projects
• To provide practical and strategic guidance to the agency on PR ideas and concepts
• To drive the successful financial performance of your clients
• To help in develop ‘best practice’ systems and processes for delivering PR programmes
• To champion PR (and experiential activity) with clients and within the agency
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding communications skills – both written and verbal
• An in-depth understanding of current / modern PR techniques and practices
• The ability to successfully develop and pitch editorial stories to a variety of key media
• Good media contacts and relationships – or the ability to develop them
• Strong relationship skills with the aim of maintaining and developing internal and external relationships
• The ability to manage and inspire your team and the people who work with you
• A passion for creativity and doing great work
• The ability to develop and communicate concepts to clients, internal stakeholders, and external partners
• Accurate, timely and complete recording of timesheets and disbursements
• Utilisation of time management tools, administration systems, account teams and resources
• Strategic skills supported by day-to day delivery
• A fast learner with an open mind that is happy to take onboard new ideas and look at new ways of doing things
What makes a successful person at Colenso BBDO:
They make work better
They are loved (not just liked) by their colleagues, clients and suppliers
They present to well
They are radiators not drains
They raise hands rather than point fingers
They are “we” not “me”
They are closers
They have a healthy paranoia
They do the right thing
If you’d like to discuss other opportunities with Clemenger Group, please contact email@example.com
And remember to follow us here: www.linkedin.com/company/clemenger-group/careers
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
Right, so is the plan to stay pitching a single director/film co. on client jobs too? Or shall we just agree to pay them a fair fee to quoting the work? Agencies are reaping what they've sown. Please! This is ...
Sounds good. Though, with a reduction in the average number of agencies per pitch, I hope there are some provisions encouraging testing out smaller or new agencies as well. Look forward to reading.
Perhaps Agencies could employ these same best practice parameters when pitching Directors against each other?
When did JustOne become a 'digital specialist agency'?
An unsurprising but still disappointing decision from the toothless ASA and BSA - did TVCAB have any opinion on this? http://www.medialawjournal.co.nz/?p=682
I wasn't going to congratulate Craig on his appointment to MBM. Now I'll send him condolences.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Ecostore by DDB
Why we like it: For its first brand campaign, Ecostore is making itself heard with a powerful message about the future that will have the audience questioning their outlook. As a brand that promotes itself as being safe for consumers and the world they live in, examining the dichotomy between the optimism of youth and the pessimism of the older generation shows our environment doesn't have to be set for a future of melted ice caps and deforestation. There is hope out there and clearly, Ecostore wants to be apart of it.
Who's it for: Flick Electric by Special Ad Service
Why we like it: While many people have their aha moments in the shower or while exercising, others, according to Flick Electric, have them while performing taxidermy on birds. It may be an odd image for a power company, but the tongue-in-cheek approach shows the company is willing to have a bit of fun as it goes about recruiting new customers.
Who's it for: Jockey New Zealand by Parlour
Why we like it: It's hard to ignore the obvious appeal of seeing the All Blacks strip down to their Jockeys for the entirety of the video and for those who aren't as fazed by what lies beneath the black jersey, it's an insight into what the boys get up to off the field. Apparently, Anton Lienert Brown enjoys peanut butter on toast and sailing. And while special guest and former Shortland Street star Will Hall doesn't strip down completely, a special mention has to be given to his bravery to sit alongside the undressed All Blacks in just Jockeys and a robe.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!