Colenso is on the hunt for a standout Business Director to join our Public Relations team. This is a pivotal role within the Experiential & Activations team, responsible for the delivery of top quality integrated PR campaigns for Colenso BBDO clients as well as working with the Head of Activation & PR to drive the agency’s PR offering.
Your role requires a constant demonstration of proactive project management that delivers communications solutions for your clients and business for the agency. This includes driving the PR strategy as well as identifying the resources required for each project and coordinating them as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As Business Director, you will be an ongoing interface between clients and the agency. It is a hands-on role requiring you to deliver solution-focused service to key clients. And while you will primarily be involved in the management and implementation of PR programmes you will also be required to develop concepts and ideas for campaigns and to identify revenue opportunities to develop with the Head of Activation and PR.
We have an impressive roster of clients which this role will work across. You will be required to use your initiative and experience to identify and develop new business opportunities for the clients that you work on.
• To manage and lead day-to-day client activity on PR projects
• To provide practical and strategic guidance to the agency on PR ideas and concepts
• To drive the successful financial performance of your clients
• To help in develop ‘best practice’ systems and processes for delivering PR programmes
• To champion PR (and experiential activity) with clients and within the agency
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding communications skills – both written and verbal
• An in-depth understanding of current / modern PR techniques and practices
• The ability to successfully develop and pitch editorial stories to a variety of key media
• Good media contacts and relationships – or the ability to develop them
• Strong relationship skills with the aim of maintaining and developing internal and external relationships
• The ability to manage and inspire your team and the people who work with you
• A passion for creativity and doing great work
• The ability to develop and communicate concepts to clients, internal stakeholders, and external partners
• Accurate, timely and complete recording of timesheets and disbursements
• Utilisation of time management tools, administration systems, account teams and resources
• Strategic skills supported by day-to day delivery
• A fast learner with an open mind that is happy to take onboard new ideas and look at new ways of doing things
What makes a successful person at Colenso BBDO:
They make work better
They are loved (not just liked) by their colleagues, clients and suppliers
They present to well
They are radiators not drains
They raise hands rather than point fingers
They are “we” not “me”
They are closers
They have a healthy paranoia
They do the right thing
If you’d like to discuss other opportunities with Clemenger Group, please contact email@example.com
And remember to follow us here: www.linkedin.com/company/clemenger-group/careers
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
Anika's show is also funded by NZ On Air. You're right it's great - the shows are for different tastes and audiences. J&B plus 7 Days provide an excellent training ground for new comedy writers and performers.
Jon and Ben?! Are we serious?! Their running joke is how bad their jokes are and how shite their show is. There'd be people sleeping on park benches that could make better TV than these two. Anika Moa's show on ...
HP has the best security I have ever seen, well done.........
Congratulations, Nigel! All the best - I'm sure it will be an exciting move for you and OMD.
Wow, worst ad i've seen in a looong time. Actually made me cringe.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: My Food Bag by Saatchi & Saatchi
Why we like it: When My Food Bag's Bargain Box ambassador Julian Dennison departed for Hollywood to film Deadpool 2, he left some big shoes to fill, and we reckon the young Kiwi chefs in this fun and quirky spot manage a pretty good job. Not only does it remind the audience what Bargain Box is all about, the kids act as a genuine endorsement as they're real Bargain Box fans sought through the company's Facebook page. Those featured in the spot are young chefs who can now add brand ambassadors to their list of talents.
Who's it for:Seafood New Zealand
Why we like it: While many New Zealand brands promote a commitment to the environment and sustainable practices, this spot for Seafood New Zealand takes a different approach by introducing New Zealand to those who help make that happen. While the voice over tells the story of how Seafood New Zealand plans to ensure local waters are teeming with fish for generations to come and admits that it doesn't always get it right, the faces of the men and women working the industry proves there are people willing to make it a reality. The diversity of those included, from young women to older men, also shows it's a commitment all of New Zealand is standing behind.
Who's it for: National Party
Why we like it: At a time when every word is being picked apart by a fine-tooth comb National has decided that singing is the best approach. As the upbeat song plays, a montage of shots presents the diversity of New Zealanders, which include fishermen, rugby players, businessmen, families, farmers and fruit pickers who are all united by the words 'Let's get together now'. Concluding with a round of applause, it also shows the support the National Party—or they could be cheering on Bill English as he runs.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!