Colenso is on the hunt for a standout Business Director to join our Public Relations team. This is a pivotal role within the Experiential & Activations team, responsible for the delivery of top quality integrated PR campaigns for Colenso BBDO clients as well as working with the Head of Activation & PR to drive the agency’s PR offering.
Your role requires a constant demonstration of proactive project management that delivers communications solutions for your clients and business for the agency. This includes driving the PR strategy as well as identifying the resources required for each project and coordinating them as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As Business Director, you will be an ongoing interface between clients and the agency. It is a hands-on role requiring you to deliver solution-focused service to key clients. And while you will primarily be involved in the management and implementation of PR programmes you will also be required to develop concepts and ideas for campaigns and to identify revenue opportunities to develop with the Head of Activation and PR.
We have an impressive roster of clients which this role will work across. You will be required to use your initiative and experience to identify and develop new business opportunities for the clients that you work on.
• To manage and lead day-to-day client activity on PR projects
• To provide practical and strategic guidance to the agency on PR ideas and concepts
• To drive the successful financial performance of your clients
• To help in develop ‘best practice’ systems and processes for delivering PR programmes
• To champion PR (and experiential activity) with clients and within the agency
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding communications skills – both written and verbal
• An in-depth understanding of current / modern PR techniques and practices
• The ability to successfully develop and pitch editorial stories to a variety of key media
• Good media contacts and relationships – or the ability to develop them
• Strong relationship skills with the aim of maintaining and developing internal and external relationships
• The ability to manage and inspire your team and the people who work with you
• A passion for creativity and doing great work
• The ability to develop and communicate concepts to clients, internal stakeholders, and external partners
• Accurate, timely and complete recording of timesheets and disbursements
• Utilisation of time management tools, administration systems, account teams and resources
• Strategic skills supported by day-to day delivery
• A fast learner with an open mind that is happy to take onboard new ideas and look at new ways of doing things
What makes a successful person at Colenso BBDO:
They make work better
They are loved (not just liked) by their colleagues, clients and suppliers
They present to well
They are radiators not drains
They raise hands rather than point fingers
They are “we” not “me”
They are closers
They have a healthy paranoia
They do the right thing
If you’d like to discuss other opportunities with Clemenger Group, please contact email@example.com
And remember to follow us here: www.linkedin.com/company/clemenger-group/careers
Please note: all applicants must have valid rights to work in New Zealand.
I have absolutely no desire to eat tissue paper packaging, whether it's edible or not. This is just silly.
We need more joke skywriting in New Zealand. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/how-do-i-land-skywriting_n_3276795.html
love this, amazing story!
Great article with Paul C's inimitable humour
Good luck FCB. Anyone care to share what it's like working with Samsung as a client? Think "cluster"
From what I heard, both companies were missing the mark so probably a smart move. Interesting that UX, CX and ‘organisational design’ (whatever that is) are cited as a core pillar of the combined entity when neither were considered strong ...
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Sky by DDB
Why we like it: What first appears to be the start of a drama turns out to be a campaign promoting Sky's drama line-up. The calibre of the acting (Hacksaw Ridge’s Tyler Coppin and Top of the Lakes’ Alison Bruce), the director (Academy Award nominee Derin Seale) and minimal use of lighting lends itself to a sophisticated and suspenseful ad you wish was a series on its own. It's also a great use of breaking through the fourth estate with the cheating husband describing what’s happening to get people thinking about the husband and wife's relationship as well as the genre in general.
Who’s it for: Lightbox by Spark PR & Activate
Why we like it: We like things with a New Zealand twist and this one playing on American drama Suits brings big laughs with its deft touch of Kiwi awkwardness. The 80s mise-en-scene, mundane jobs and forced office comradery - far from the polished and exciting drama of the proper Suits - is a fun and funny way to introduce the newest season.
Who’s it for: Survivor New Zealand by TVNZ
Why we like it: Brandishing blood and mud, Survivor New Zealand is back for round two in northern Thailand. While the scenery looks idyllic, it's set to be an intense and exciting time if the promotional video is anything to go by, with mud wrestling, tears, dubious tactics from participants, success and disappointments galore on show. While Survivor has been reproduced many times around the world, local faces and scraps should bring the viewers onboard for another reality competition.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!