Events. Brand Experience. Activations. If you're a Business Director or Ex Account Director by trade, looking for a new challenge in these new specialties - then lets chat?
If you have an existing database of clients and are confident in your ability to continue to build on this, we have a challenging role for you.
Our client, a premier brand experience event agency, and are looking for a Business Director to work across business development, client strategy, and customer engagement to the highest level.
You'll come from an agency, sales or marketing background – and will be highly client focused, balanced by a strong commitment to get the best results for clients and the agency's growth plans. You are well connected, have exceptional relationship building skills, and are a natural leader. You're a problem solver, applying your strategic thinking to overcome business challenges.
Sound like you? Get in touch or apply today.
• Minimum 10+ years experience
• Background in events, sales, activation marketing or similar
• Identifies and creates new opportunities from new and existing relationships
• A natural leader and manager with strong process
• A problem solver and strategic thinker, who has an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives
• Able to write new business tenders, presentations, and general correspondence
• Confident at cold calling to ensure focused and meaningful new business opportunities
• Deal opener and closer
• Represents the client as the best in the business to drive business
• Can delegate effectively, and identify strengths within team members
• Strong ability to communicate with clarity to clients
• Experience in the service industry, ideally in hospitality or events
• Commercial and client focused
• Attention to detail with strong organisational skills
• Internal communications: ability to read, write, analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources
• Ability to effectively present results to senior management, and other employees of the organisation
Personality & Culture Fit:
• Motivated to achieve and exceed goals and targets
• Values a tight-knit team environment
• Collaborative in the way they work
• Takes responsibility for own work, and client satisfaction
• Leads by example
• Incentive program
• City fringe location
• Potential Car Package
$130k base + spot bonus scheme
Let Leighton and The Pond agents help you realise your market value and future career potential. Apply today, or get in touch for more information.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
Congratulations on issue 247! Here's to issue 500!
that's what we heard
any truth to the rumour that they have dumped 2D for Voda?
Very well played R&R (aged 5) and Special (aged 10) from all of us at the adolescent Big (aged 15).
Wonder what NZ Governments tax take is from the top 4 ranked websites. I think we can probably describe it as SF & A
Well done guys! Five years is a lifetime in your game.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Auckland City Mission by 99
Why we like it: To encourage donations to the Auckland City Mission, and less waste during the festive season, this ad is a mix of humour and seriousness to highlight the City Mission’s new initiative. Instead of buying a silly gift which never gets used – a rubber chicken or chattering teeth for example – buy one off the website, through which the money goes to the City Mission and the recipient gets an email. It’s a great idea for a wonderful cause.
Who’s it for: Lotto New Zealand by DDB
Why we like it: Who doesn’t love a joyful reunion (Love Actually anyone?) – Lotto’s latest ad, part of the Imagine campaign, reunites the two armoured truck drivers in a Christmas surprise. While it may not have quite the same impact if you didn’t see the Amoured Truck spot, it’s still festive enough to make you smile.
Who’s it for: Pak’n’Save by FCB
Why we like it: Stickman is celebrating Christmas with his cousin Snowy the Snowman. As usual, the spots have Stickman poking a bit of fun at the often mundane task of grocery shopping. Let's hope that Snowy survives the Kiwi heat.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!