Events. Brand Experience. Activations. If you're a Business Director or Ex Account Director by trade, looking for a new challenge in these new specialties - then lets chat?
If you have an existing database of clients and are confident in your ability to continue to build on this, we have a challenging role for you.
Our client, a premier brand experience event agency, and are looking for a Business Director to work across business development, client strategy, and customer engagement to the highest level.
You'll come from an agency, sales or marketing background – and will be highly client focused, balanced by a strong commitment to get the best results for clients and the agency's growth plans. You are well connected, have exceptional relationship building skills, and are a natural leader. You're a problem solver, applying your strategic thinking to overcome business challenges.
Sound like you? Get in touch or apply today.
• Minimum 10+ years experience
• Background in events, sales, activation marketing or similar
• Identifies and creates new opportunities from new and existing relationships
• A natural leader and manager with strong process
• A problem solver and strategic thinker, who has an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives
• Able to write new business tenders, presentations, and general correspondence
• Confident at cold calling to ensure focused and meaningful new business opportunities
• Deal opener and closer
• Represents the client as the best in the business to drive business
• Can delegate effectively, and identify strengths within team members
• Strong ability to communicate with clarity to clients
• Experience in the service industry, ideally in hospitality or events
• Commercial and client focused
• Attention to detail with strong organisational skills
• Internal communications: ability to read, write, analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources
• Ability to effectively present results to senior management, and other employees of the organisation
Personality & Culture Fit:
• Motivated to achieve and exceed goals and targets
• Values a tight-knit team environment
• Collaborative in the way they work
• Takes responsibility for own work, and client satisfaction
• Leads by example
• Incentive program
• City fringe location
• Potential Car Package
$130k base + spot bonus scheme
Let Leighton and The Pond agents help you realise your market value and future career potential. Apply today, or get in touch for more information.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
This is great, and the humour is back. Nicely written and made.
It must be hard living with that level of cynicism 'real person' (I note your comments all have a similar flavour). How about trying to find and comment on something positively, or maybe even offer up a stunning piece of ...
Champaign? Is that a clever play on a celebrated campaign or simple more sloppy spelling?
That's the spirit guys. Just keep pandering. Pat each other on the back, tell the client you really helped bring a tired old brand into lives of real people in an authentic and relevant way. A way which liken the ...
From a former co-worker who started off with you as a TV Grunt eons ago - well done Grazza!
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Whittaker's by Assignment Group
Why we like it: Spot Nigella Lawson? Whittaker's has released two new caramel flavours but before they're introduced, the campaign goes back in time to see where it all started. Leading the trip down memory lane is Lawson, whose outfit changes reflect the transition through the decades. It's an interesting insight into the well-loved brand, with information shared about its timeless Toffee Milk flavour, to when the Peanut Slab was invented and the new factories created to keep up with its search for perfection.
Who's it for: Vodafone by FCB
Why we like it: Fancy a sleep-in? Vodafone wants you to enjoy an extra hour of shut-eye on Friday, but it's not just about catching up on sleep. As Anika Moa explains, it's about finding a cure for cancer. The hope is Kiwis will download the DreamLab app, which according to Vodafone, combines the computing power of individual smartphones to create a processing hive to run a large volume of cancer research calculations. Sound confusing? "Rest on that for a second," says Moa.
Who's it for: Lotto by Spark PR & Activate
Why we like it: While we're sure plenty of mothers celebrated Mother's Day with a full bed, we don't expect to see three generations squeezed in together. This cheeky wee spot plays on Jaquie Brown's humour as a way of showing that mother's want time on Mother's Day to enjoy their wee ones—and also a Lotto Tripple Dip.
Who's it for:Genesis by Shine
Why we like it: Ever stop to think we are the first to see the new day? This Genesis spot is a reminder that we are the first out the door and the first back to it. The spot ends on families at home using their smartphones to control energy use, an idea that was first introduced last year in the 'With You. For You.', campaign, that took a tour through the house of the future, with a smartphone at the technological heart of it.
Who's it for: Holden
Why we like it: Last year Holden restyled its brand, moving away from its boganic heritage to a modern, urban target market and this upbeat spot is keeping that ball rolling. While there are still shots of a Holden making tracks up a country-side gravel road, that's balanced by shots of a family in the car as well as young women and men in the driver's seat to represent who the ad calls "the modern explorer".
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!