Events. Brand Experience. Activations. If you're a Business Director or Ex Account Director by trade, looking for a new challenge in these new specialties - then lets chat?
If you have an existing database of clients and are confident in your ability to continue to build on this, we have a challenging role for you.
Our client, a premier brand experience event agency, and are looking for a Business Director to work across business development, client strategy, and customer engagement to the highest level.
You'll come from an agency, sales or marketing background – and will be highly client focused, balanced by a strong commitment to get the best results for clients and the agency's growth plans. You are well connected, have exceptional relationship building skills, and are a natural leader. You're a problem solver, applying your strategic thinking to overcome business challenges.
Sound like you? Get in touch or apply today.
• Minimum 10+ years experience
• Background in events, sales, activation marketing or similar
• Identifies and creates new opportunities from new and existing relationships
• A natural leader and manager with strong process
• A problem solver and strategic thinker, who has an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives
• Able to write new business tenders, presentations, and general correspondence
• Confident at cold calling to ensure focused and meaningful new business opportunities
• Deal opener and closer
• Represents the client as the best in the business to drive business
• Can delegate effectively, and identify strengths within team members
• Strong ability to communicate with clarity to clients
• Experience in the service industry, ideally in hospitality or events
• Commercial and client focused
• Attention to detail with strong organisational skills
• Internal communications: ability to read, write, analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources
• Ability to effectively present results to senior management, and other employees of the organisation
Personality & Culture Fit:
• Motivated to achieve and exceed goals and targets
• Values a tight-knit team environment
• Collaborative in the way they work
• Takes responsibility for own work, and client satisfaction
• Leads by example
• Incentive program
• City fringe location
• Potential Car Package
$130k base + spot bonus scheme
Let Leighton and The Pond agents help you realise your market value and future career potential. Apply today, or get in touch for more information.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
There IS a story
Comments from Planner? What about True's CDs? There's a story...
If you want research on the correlation between Nike demographics and those likely to vote democrat, try this: "For Nike, the company’s best customer prospects are active, high-earning young people, for who else can or will spend more than $100 ...
Very nice and inspiring blog. Happy to read it. Thank You! http://www.learnerstake.com/
I think Stoppress has not got the full picture in regards to the Ritson v Sharp 'debate'. The original debate was between Sharp & Pauwels, where Sharp wrote an article (link 1), Pauwels wrote another in response (link 2), and ...
NZ Household income is $99k NZD
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: ASB by With Collective and Curious Films
Why we like it: The True Rewarden sheriff is back – and she’s here to teach us a lesson at the True Rewarden Academy training camp. The spot is simple and effective, with the sheriff explaining what True Rewards can be used for. We like Rachel House as the ‘True Rewarden’ as she brings great humour to the ad and hope ASB continues using the sheriff for further campaigns.
Who's it for: LifeDirect by Trade Me by Y&R and Flying Fish
Why we like it: We all know unfortunate events happen to everyone at some time and we should be prepared. While most of us probably won’t end up in a shark's mouth, this is the premise of the hilarious new spot from LifeDirect by TradeMe. While the Jaws-esque ad is a change from Simon the Sloth (RIP), it's nice to see a bit of humour and fun injected into what can be a sometimes boring (but necessary) industry.
Who's it for: Phloe from Douglas Pharmaceuticals by YoungShand and Reel Factory
Why we like it: We can't go past ads that feature cute dogs and this one is no exception. Using a parade of misbehaving pooches to bring up the issue of bowel health is a clever move from Phloe. It's not clinical or scary and will ensure the audience is watching. Will be interesting to see how this campaign develops further or if another direction is taken.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!