Events. Brand Experience. Activations. If you're a Business Director or Ex Account Director by trade, looking for a new challenge in these new specialties - then lets chat?
If you have an existing database of clients and are confident in your ability to continue to build on this, we have a challenging role for you.
Our client, a premier brand experience event agency, and are looking for a Business Director to work across business development, client strategy, and customer engagement to the highest level.
You'll come from an agency, sales or marketing background – and will be highly client focused, balanced by a strong commitment to get the best results for clients and the agency's growth plans. You are well connected, have exceptional relationship building skills, and are a natural leader. You're a problem solver, applying your strategic thinking to overcome business challenges.
Sound like you? Get in touch or apply today.
• Minimum 10+ years experience
• Background in events, sales, activation marketing or similar
• Identifies and creates new opportunities from new and existing relationships
• A natural leader and manager with strong process
• A problem solver and strategic thinker, who has an in-depth knowledge of client business objectives
• Able to write new business tenders, presentations, and general correspondence
• Confident at cold calling to ensure focused and meaningful new business opportunities
• Deal opener and closer
• Represents the client as the best in the business to drive business
• Can delegate effectively, and identify strengths within team members
• Strong ability to communicate with clarity to clients
• Experience in the service industry, ideally in hospitality or events
• Commercial and client focused
• Attention to detail with strong organisational skills
• Internal communications: ability to read, write, analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources
• Ability to effectively present results to senior management, and other employees of the organisation
Personality & Culture Fit:
• Motivated to achieve and exceed goals and targets
• Values a tight-knit team environment
• Collaborative in the way they work
• Takes responsibility for own work, and client satisfaction
• Leads by example
• Incentive program
• City fringe location
• Potential Car Package
$130k base + spot bonus scheme
Let Leighton and The Pond agents help you realise your market value and future career potential. Apply today, or get in touch for more information.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
Fantastic work. Also hearing great things about the Drive project in low-income communities. Congrats to all involved!
1989 called... They want their idea back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNymPocKro
Absolutely, have to admit this was confusing to me and my team as well.
Oh man, this is TERRIBLE!!!!!! So damn confusing...just have a straightforward rationale and stick with it Lightbox...
I like it
As David Ogilvy would say ... perhaps the advertising agency thinks the public find the actual products as boring as the agency does.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who’s it for: Forsyth Barr/Summer by FCB New Zealand
Why we like it: New Zealanders are notorious for taking serious decisions lightly and this tongue-in-cheek ad by FCB for Forsyth Barr’s Summer KiwiSaver scheme gets that tone just right. A human-sized sheep in trendy clothing talking about his negligence towards his financial responsibilities is enough to get a chuckle out of anyone. The thinly veiled analogy to ‘not be a sheep(le)’ and take responsibility is not preachy but light-hearted.
Who’s it for: ANZ by TBWA
Why we like it: We all know it’s rare to see a heart-to-heart between two men on television so it’s nice to see just that in ANZ’s new KiwiSaver ad by TBWA. The way KiwiSaver is brought up in the ads is pretty clunkily approached but adding other topics such as dating, household chores and life makes the ad an endearing watch.
Who’s it for : Spark by Colenso BBDO
Why we like it: Matariki season is bringing with it a lot of joy and pride nationwide this year. Spark’s unique video embraces what is important about our very own New Year – family, traditions and knowledge. More an educational resource than ad, the care taken to make the imagery and sentiment culturally appropriate is evident in the decision to include all nine Matariki stars. The animation artfully articulates the stories behind the constellation while the te reo Māori script is as much soothing as it is exciting to see the language celebrated.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!