Nielsen is a Diverse and Growth-oriented company, focused on developing our People and delighting our Clients. Nielsen is undergoing a transformation that will impact the way we work, through people, process and technology.
Do you want to join our driven media sales team where you will get to work with some of the biggest and best Media Owners and Advertising Agencies and partner with them to drive their strategies? We are looking for a SALES LEADER who will focus on driving Nielsen’s business growth. You will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by finding opportunities for selling Nielsen’s products and services to clients, and also renewing our existing contracts when the time is right.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Earning client’s trust by building and maintaining strong networks
- Understanding client needs by ensuring their plans and projects are developed and implemented whilst successfully linking Nielsen capabilities to client goals
- Offering clients a unique perspective based on insights
- Demonstrating thought leadership at both client and industry events
- Managing and overseeing the sales process through Salesforce technology as well as ensuring the team is using and updating this resource consistently
- Preparing proposals based on a true understanding of the client’s business needs and value drivers
- Negotiating sales and closing the deal, as well as recognising when to walk away
- Owning and delivering the revenue target and maximising upselling opportunities
- Understanding how all of the solutions in the Nielsen media portfolio fit together as well as collaborating and connecting with the wider operational teams responsible for delivering these solutions
As an experienced seller and leader you will possess the following skills:
- Passion and energy for the media industry
- Awareness and understanding of market conditions and the client’s business environment
- Effective two–way communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Solid financial understanding and application (P&L, EBITDA and how this relates to business success)
- Excellent business English both written and verbal
- An ability to problem solve and a solution-oriented mind-set
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to build client relationships and challenge their status quo
- Excellent negotiation and selling skills
- Strong collaboration skills (client and team)
- A strong understanding of the media client advertising process, particularly in the digital space
HP has the best security I have ever seen, well done.........
Congratulations, Nigel! All the best - I'm sure it will be an exciting move for you and OMD.
Wow, worst ad i've seen in a looong time. Actually made me cringe.
Well done Nigel, energy and fun and success abounds.
And the race to the bottom continues for media agencies.
Tone deaf, out of touch, and choosing not to address a single issue that matters. Yep, this is an advertisement for the National party all right.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Vogel's by Shine and Curious Films
Why we like it: Achieving diversity in a campaign to truly reflect what a country looks like is no easy task, with many efforts coming across as contrived, fabricated efforts. However, this spot by Vogel's avoids all these pitfalls by bringing a collection of eight exceptional stories together around a single table. In doing so, the bread brand shows us what it means to be a Kiwi at a time when the country is changing. And it's a message that's resonated with consumers, with Facebook comments including remarks like "a truly beautiful advert", "the best advert I have seen in a very long time", "brilliant effort to illustrate how wonderful, unique and diverse NZers are" and "talk about bring a tear to your eye".
Who's it for: BMW by Flying Fish
Why we like it: Recognise Karangahape Road and Fort Lane in this spot? No need for a double take, it's them. Not only does this spot showcase the new BMW, it also turns Auckland into a driver's dream, with empty streets and a long unoccupied straight across the Harbour Bridge. Even if it's not quite a true representation of the usually traffic-filled city that cars crawl through on most days, it's a great opportunity for our local city to be seen around the world as well as the production company Flying Fish.
Who's it for:Whittaker's by Assignment Group.
Why we like it: It's been a while since we've seen Nigella Lawson front a Whittaker's campaign and this time she's joined by British comedians Stephen Fry, Joanna Lumley and Bill Bailey who all appear to fizz over the brand's new Destinations range. While Lawson has typically taken a sultry tone in Whittaker's spots, this time, she barely gets a word in as her friends take more of 'a children in a candy store' approach to building hype over flavours like 'Nicaraguan Heirloom Dark Chocolate', 'Italian Piedmont Hazelnut' and 'Caramelised Pecans, Waffle and Canadian Maple Syrup'.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!