Simply put, we do two things at Nielsen. We measure performance for our clients and we use analytics to help our clients grow their business. Measurement and analytics are two separate things, and each is important and valuable on its own. But the connection of the two makes them both even more critical and valuable.
You will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by partnering with our clients and using data to explain what is happening with their audience and/or brands and what they should do to improve business performance.
Working with both your Nielsen colleagues and spending time with clients, you will build partnerships to allow you to understand your client needs and requirements. You'll use this knowledge to develop in-depth analytics and create compelling stories that deliver the insight to drive business growth.
- Building a network of effective and meaningful relationships at all levels, both internally and externally, to maximise business opportunities
- Drive effective relationships with key clients to identify their needs and maximise Nielsen opportunities
- Lead relationships with key industry body groups to support long-term currency measurement contracts
- Identifying new areas to pursue to support changing client needs
- Effectively oversee the team to ensure that the client has the analytical insight required and that we meet our client expectations and commitments, as well as, establishing timely business reviews to assess this
- Proactively promote Nielsen based insights at conferences and other external events.
- Build a team culture of collaboration, achievement and engagement through rewarding success and accomplishments of team members.
- Managing changes to the project scope, schedule and cost and ensuring resource availability and allocation.
- Ensuring the team is using Salesforce.com, tracking headline KPIs and updating this technology consistently
- Identifying opportunities for sales and passing these onto the Sales Team. Working closely with the Sales Team to share your analytical and client expertise during the pitch/negotiation process
- A full understanding of our tools and systems as well as the Nielsen product portfolio
- Working closely with all teams to ensure work is connected to meet client needs
- Awareness and understanding of economic and market conditions as well as media and advertising business environment
- Extensive experience of leading a team in a media audience measurement environment
- Excellent client facing and communication skills with demonstrated success of adding value to the client
- A consultative approach
- Experience managing multiple projects including resource allocation
- Organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- A strong collaborator
- Clear demonstration of creating strategies to satisfy clients when overcoming business issues
- A proven track record of delivering success through your team and motivating them to achieve and exceed goals
- Comfortable working in a digitally enabled environment
Nice work guys.
Abolustely gutted to see Paul go, he’s been an awesome leader at 99 and bought a great vibe to the agency. He will no doubt smash it on his next endeavour and I wish him all the best, they are ...
What a loss for 99, but I’m sure Troy will carry on your good work. A true advertising legend and an agent of change leaving before the fruits of his labour are fully realised. Best of luck Paul in your ...
No mention of Ali Mau? I would hope Mediaworks are - at the very least - retaining her as a fill-in presenter for any of the key roles?
Sounds great; I'm looking forward to the new channel. Congratulations to Three for their much deserved success in the ratings.
Predictable, safe and vanilla. Will be forgotten pretty quickly I suspect.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Super Rugby by Sugar & Partners
Why we like it: Super Rugby is typically a fast-paced game, but to promote the season Sugar & Partners have slowed down the action to ensure audiences don't miss a thing. Despite the change of pace, the excited fans jumping around, motocross rider and confetti ensure the campaign continues to build on the hype generated in previous campaigns. The music by local artist Kings also helps to provide energy—did you spot him in the crowd?
Who's it for:The New Zealand Olympic Committee by Saatchi & Saatchi
Why we like it: Competing on a global stage is no easy feat, and that's before cold temperatures, wind and snow are added. This campaign takes New Zealanders behind the scenes of the Winter Olympics to see what it takes get there and hopefully win a medal. In this particular video, featuring Janina Kuzma, the choice to not add music and leave the wind as the only sound emphasises the harsh conditions she trains in and her dedication to the sport.
Who's it for: Kiwibank by Hello
Why we like it: Kiwibank is bidding farewell to student giveaways and acknowledging the demographic is not only motivated by freebies. Instead, this campaign, featuring Shortland Street's Jayden Daniels, ties into the brand's wider campaigns about investing in a locally owned bank. And if that message alone isn't enough to make students sit up and listen, the inclusion of Daniels taking his shirt off is sure to generate some attention.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!