Simply put, we do two things at Nielsen. We measure performance for our clients and we use analytics to help our clients grow their business. Measurement and analytics are two separate things, and each is important and valuable on its own. But the connection of the two makes them both even more critical and valuable.
You will MAKE A DIFFERENCE by partnering with our clients and using data to explain what is happening with their audience and/or brands and what they should do to improve business performance.
Working with both your Nielsen colleagues and spending time with clients, you will build partnerships to allow you to understand your client needs and requirements. You'll use this knowledge to develop in-depth analytics and create compelling stories that deliver the insight to drive business growth.
- Building a network of effective and meaningful relationships at all levels, both internally and externally, to maximise business opportunities
- Drive effective relationships with key clients to identify their needs and maximise Nielsen opportunities
- Lead relationships with key industry body groups to support long-term currency measurement contracts
- Identifying new areas to pursue to support changing client needs
- Effectively oversee the team to ensure that the client has the analytical insight required and that we meet our client expectations and commitments, as well as, establishing timely business reviews to assess this
- Proactively promote Nielsen based insights at conferences and other external events.
- Build a team culture of collaboration, achievement and engagement through rewarding success and accomplishments of team members.
- Managing changes to the project scope, schedule and cost and ensuring resource availability and allocation.
- Ensuring the team is using Salesforce.com, tracking headline KPIs and updating this technology consistently
- Identifying opportunities for sales and passing these onto the Sales Team. Working closely with the Sales Team to share your analytical and client expertise during the pitch/negotiation process
- A full understanding of our tools and systems as well as the Nielsen product portfolio
- Working closely with all teams to ensure work is connected to meet client needs
- Awareness and understanding of economic and market conditions as well as media and advertising business environment
- Extensive experience of leading a team in a media audience measurement environment
- Excellent client facing and communication skills with demonstrated success of adding value to the client
- A consultative approach
- Experience managing multiple projects including resource allocation
- Organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking
- A strong collaborator
- Clear demonstration of creating strategies to satisfy clients when overcoming business issues
- A proven track record of delivering success through your team and motivating them to achieve and exceed goals
- Comfortable working in a digitally enabled environment
HP has the best security I have ever seen, well done.........
Congratulations, Nigel! All the best - I'm sure it will be an exciting move for you and OMD.
Wow, worst ad i've seen in a looong time. Actually made me cringe.
Well done Nigel, energy and fun and success abounds.
And the race to the bottom continues for media agencies.
Tone deaf, out of touch, and choosing not to address a single issue that matters. Yep, this is an advertisement for the National party all right.
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the Tangible Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: Vogel's by Shine and Curious Films
Why we like it: Achieving diversity in a campaign to truly reflect what a country looks like is no easy task, with many efforts coming across as contrived, fabricated efforts. However, this spot by Vogel's avoids all these pitfalls by bringing a collection of eight exceptional stories together around a single table. In doing so, the bread brand shows us what it means to be a Kiwi at a time when the country is changing. And it's a message that's resonated with consumers, with Facebook comments including remarks like "a truly beautiful advert", "the best advert I have seen in a very long time", "brilliant effort to illustrate how wonderful, unique and diverse NZers are" and "talk about bring a tear to your eye".
Who's it for: BMW by Flying Fish
Why we like it: Recognise Karangahape Road and Fort Lane in this spot? No need for a double take, it's them. Not only does this spot showcase the new BMW, it also turns Auckland into a driver's dream, with empty streets and a long unoccupied straight across the Harbour Bridge. Even if it's not quite a true representation of the usually traffic-filled city that cars crawl through on most days, it's a great opportunity for our local city to be seen around the world as well as the production company Flying Fish.
Who's it for:Whittaker's by Assignment Group.
Why we like it: It's been a while since we've seen Nigella Lawson front a Whittaker's campaign and this time she's joined by British comedians Stephen Fry, Joanna Lumley and Bill Bailey who all appear to fizz over the brand's new Destinations range. While Lawson has typically taken a sultry tone in Whittaker's spots, this time, she barely gets a word in as her friends take more of 'a children in a candy store' approach to building hype over flavours like 'Nicaraguan Heirloom Dark Chocolate', 'Italian Piedmont Hazelnut' and 'Caramelised Pecans, Waffle and Canadian Maple Syrup'.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!