Looking for that next step in Account Management? Spent some time in a design agency and keen on something new?
My client, a high-end design, brand and packaging agency are on the hunt for an Account Director to join their current team. The new Account Director will report directly to the Managing Director and will support the whole creative team across the company's client portfolio, bring in new business and liaise with new clients. All while being immersed in a dynamic agency that is experiencing significant growth.
This person will be efficient, excellent with managing budget requirements and outgoing, with a focus on building solid relationships throughout the whole creative process (outsourced creative, design team, production, internal team etc). Their ability to multitask will be reflected in the way they collaborate with clients and the creative team, managing client relationships and delivering work to the highest standard.
The successful candidate will be passionate about conversion and business growth, which will be a key driver when confidently presenting ideas and creative to clients. They will ideally have a confident, outwardly facing persona and have plenty of strategic vision and drive for the future of their clients.
Ideally, the candidate would have worked in an account management role in a design agency previously and is confident in their ability to manage clients in the industry and the dynamics involved.
• Min 10+ years in Account Management
• Design agency experience essential
• Can handle big robust clients
• Can sell, the work, the creative, the big idea.
• Ability to develop accounts creatively and financially
• Lead a small team to provide the best level of client service
• Ability to run client briefing sessions, and process them into creative briefs
• Proven experience in building and maintaining client relationships
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Management of the creative teams to ensure projects are completed to budgets and timelines
• Leading client meetings and presentations
• Provide detailed project statuses and tracking reports
• Draft new business proposals and assist with new business initiatives
• Proven experience in working within tight deadlines
• Business minded – looking for new opportunities with new and existing clients
• Skilled at writing – confident writing proposal documents
• Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
• Highly responsive to client requests, always working to find solutions
• Career driven and confident
• Tertiary education preferred
Personality & Culture Fit:
• Relaxed yet professional
• Resilient – a problem solver
• A natural people person
• Takes ownership of projects
• Central Auckland fringe (near transport)
• First class studio & creative environment
• Phone and carpark
Let Penny and The Pond agents help you realise your market value and future career potential. Apply today, or get in touch for more information.
Please only apply if you have a valid NZ work visa.
I fell asleep half way through watching that
Might want to check that apostrophe guys!
Couldn't agree more. It's everyone's problem now but brought on mostly by selfish farming practices. Rather than trying to get everyone behind it, they should be reporting on what they are doing to clear it up and provide regular updates.
1. Pollute waterways 2. Deflect blame to the general public This is definitely a 'you' problem, DairyNZ. The rest of us already do want clear waterways... that's kind of the point. Manifesto advertising doesn't work when your brand is trying ...
AHAHAHA love it
Thanks Blanche for your comment. Great to see that we're sharing the same vision! The future looks great!
Honouring the ads—and the agencies responsible for them—that make the biggest impact on consumers and get more bang for the client’s buck.
Use the ICG Media network of magazines, blogs, newsletters, video and content creation services to reach the new New Zealand.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Contact Vernene Medcalf
Who's it for: ASB by True
Why we like it: Clever Kash is back in the latest advert by ASB, but instead of telling us how to save money, he's focused on teaching kids how to save lives. First aid is an important skill for everyone, and empowering children to be able to make critical decisions when a loved one is hurt or unwell is nothing but a good thing.
Who's it for: White Ribbon by in-house team and Ocean Design and Lot23
Why we like it: No one can deny that New Zealand has a serious problem with violence, particularly violence towards women. It's heartening to see a bunch of White Ribbon ambassadors open up the conversation and invite all men – regardless of whether they've ever been violent or not – to stand up against the culture of violence in this country.
Who's it for: Tower Insurance by Barnes, Catmur & Friends Dentsu
Why we like it: Insurance ads tend to follow a similar pattern, but this one injects a touch of humour to make it memorable. We all know accidents are a huge disruption to a well-curated daily routine, but Tower has the solution.
StopPress provides essential industry news and intelligence, updated daily. And the digital newsletter delivers the latest news to your inbox twice a week — for free!