Sarah Robb O'Hagan, the president of Gatorade North America and global chief marketing officer, sports nutrition, PepsiCo, is one of the country's most successful marketers and she's heading back to New Zealand to speak at a half-day forum jointly presented by the CAANZ Marcomms Leadership Group and the Marketing Association on 5 April at the Crowne Plaza in Auckland. So to celebrate we thought we'd send her a few generic questions.
1) The best ideas I've had are: Also the riskiest!
2) The best ideas others have had are: Beauty in simplicity.
3) If I had more budget I would: Put more into brand experiences.
4) The toughest challenge for 2011 is: The economic impact of the global tragedies that have taken place.
5) My dream assignment is: One that connects my two homes of the United States and New Zealand.
6) The most exciting aspect of marketing today is: How quickly consumers evolve.
7) If I was willfully unemployed I would: Finish writing my book, and pick up and drop off my kids every day.
8) My favorite campaign is: GATORADE HAS EVOLVED!
Robb O'Hagan will be providing the keynote address for 'The New Rules of Brand Engagement—Driving Awareness and Sales through PR and Experiential Marketing” (the NZMA and the MLG recently carried out some research to find out how important these areas now were in the domestic marketing mix and predicted a rise in spend).
She will be using the Gatorade business turnaround as a case study and she'll be covering the following:
- Setting the context—what Gatorade is, how its marketing approach used to work, and how the brand found itself in need of a transformation to move into the future.
- How Gatorade reinvented itself from a Sports Drink with a “one way dialogue” approach to consumer engagement to a sports performance innovation company where their “knowledge” as a brand has created many experiential platforms for consumers that have led to deep engagement and business results.
- Case Study #1: Replay—bringing every day consumers into the world of the Pro Athlete
- Case Study #2: Everything to Prove—content programme developed with the NFL to bring young athlete consumers the real, behind the scenes story of aspiring NFL rookies making it to the big leagues.
- How they measure return on investment: Overview of MissionControl—Gatorade’s “world first” digital command center for monitoring consumer engagement and evolving its programmes in real time to connect more effectively with its core target
- Where to from here? Why they are so committed to experiential marketing for the future.
In addition to O'Hagan's keynote, Helen Graney, managing director, Jack Morton Australia, Sydney, will talk about 'Measurement and Achieving Effectiveness (ROI) for Clients'; Steve Kane, creative director – experiential, DDB NZ, will speak about 'Bringing Brands to Life with Experiential Marketing'; Steve Bayliss, marketing consultant and former general manager of marketing of Air New Zealand, will talk about 'Bringing Theatre to Business - the Future of Experiential Marketing; and James Hurman - Planning Director, Colenso BBDO will speak about 'How to Successfully Integrate a Campaign'.
Register for your tickets here.