A round of applause for all the finalists in 2009 NZI National Sustainable Business Network Awards. One of these regional ‘trailblazer’ winners will be the Sustainable Business of the Year, to be announced at a classy cocktail do on 12 November.
- Bayfair Shopping Centre, Mt Maunganui
- ecostore – manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of sustainable household and personal care products.
- Kokako – fair trade organic coffee roaster and food supplier.
- Landscape Design Company – multi award-winning designers, Katikati.
- Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research – an independent Crown Research Institute that provides science-based solutions for sustainable development.
- Parkes Automotive – a family owned automotive workshop, Motueka.
- The Herb Farm – producers of 100% natural skincare and healthcare, Manawatu.
Fifteen other finalists will also compete for seven category awards, plus the new People’s Choice Award. Go to the website to vote for your favourite.
Sustainable Business Network chief executive Rachel Brown says she is thrilled at the number of businesses that are continuing to prioritise sustainability, even in this difficult economic climate.
“The theme of the awards this year is ‘Reinvent to Thrive’, acknowledging businesses that continue to sustain, innovate, re-engineer and rethink during the recession.
Book your tickets for the awards night here.
Tickets: $85 or $780 for a group of ten.
Date: Thursday 12 November
Venue: St Matthew-in-the-City,187 Federal Street, Auckland
Canapés will be served!